Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today, I was tired...for some reason it seems to be my normal state these days. But it was DH's day off and I didn't want to disappoint him because we had a lot to accomplish today. So, I did what I needed to at home and we went out to do some errands and shopping. At one store I almost felt like passing out but I just kept hold of the cart and prayed for strength trying not to let him know how badly I needed to go lie down.

We finished everything and came home and I made up a bunch of burgers for tonight and for the freezer then sat down here at the computer. He just brought me a cup of tea and said "I know you gave extra effort for me today and I really love you for it. But now it is your turn to relax and I will cook the burgers". Hmm, my smile last night was because HE made an effort to do something for me and my smile tonight is because he acknowledged I did the same for him.

I guess I have to accept the fact that whatever he does makes me smile! :):):):):):)

Okay, how come the word "smile" often appears in red in posts and then it disappears. Is this only happening to me or do others see it too?

I am just about to go to a New Year's Eve afternoon party with my mom. There should be a band. I am looking forward to seeing her smile a lot.

How much this community cares for it's own and how no one can be MIA very long without someone starting a thread in their honour.

I've been smiling for about an hour because I've been watching Shrek 2. I've never seen it and it's so funny. The characters are a hoot, especially the Fairy Godmother. Loved it when she went through the fastfood drive-thru. My kitties and I are watching it, but they don't seem to be a bit interested in Puss in Boots.:LOL: Too bad. Antonio Banderas rings MY chimes.

My boys adore Shrek and we have the DVDs. It certainly gets me laughing a lot. There is a lot of humour in there that goes straight over the boys heads, but that I enjoy.

Well, I know I keep saying this but I really am going to try to accomplish something today and that will make me smile.

This year I was "forced" to make new recipes for my Christmas goodies because all my cookbooks are in storage. But it also allowed me some incredible memories. I did find my mother's recipe box and have been making many things that were family traditions but got lost after she passed away.

So, I made her shortbread, easy chocolate fudge, cheese straws (a cheddar pastry) and peanut clusters. I loved the memories it gave me as I was working and every time I sneak a bite!

But my last smile came this morning as I was making the tourtiere filling for our family Christmas dinner on Sunday and to make some phyllo triangles stuffed with it for DH to take to work. The smells just took me back and it was like she was cooking right beside me again. After 14 years of missing her, it was an incredible feeling.

One of my cats today decided to explore and fell off the bookshelves, landed on her butt and got up, looking around, as if to say "I meant to do that."
Suuuuuuuurrre she did. I laughed my head off!

One of my cats today decided to explore and fell off the bookshelves, landed on her butt and got up, looking around, as if to say "I meant to do that."
Suuuuuuuurrre she did. I laughed my head off!

Cats are funny , aren't they? I have 5 indoor cats, the youngest 2 are 9 months old and so funny to watch.

Yes, all 3 of mine are so funny. My dog is a riot, too, she's a big shepherd-collie mix and thinks she's human. One time she got whacked by one of the cats and looked at me as if to say, "Did you see that? The nerve!!"

Today there was a horrible lounge lizard type singer performing Dean Martin music and flirting with the women in the audience--my mom was all smiles and that made me smile but he used up all my patience. No wonder I am so exhausted right now!!!!

I just had a visit from a young woman who I got to know through DD and have come to care very much for. She is getting married January 24th and wanted to drop by to give us our invitation and to make sure I was able to make a cake for them. They are having 3 cakes, done by different people and the only criteria is to stay in the colour pallette and flower choices (though you don't have to use flowers). She was showing her friend pictures of my cakes and her eyes lit up on my heart shaped cake. My smiles came from her happiness and the fact I have a cake project to keep me busy!

I'm sitting in the recliner watching the evening news. I'm joined by the "usual suspects" of my feline children on the arms and on the back of the chair. However, Sally is sound asleep on the footrest between my calves. She has her little head tucked slightly under and her front paws are curled sweetly under her chin. She's all snuggly and has a tiny curl of a smile on her face. She's such a pretty little girl and, if only for a few minutes, she's not moving at rocket speed through the house.

I have been reading older threads and playing silly new games and laughing out loud just here at DC.

I am exhausted and too tired to move. lol

I have been reading older threads and playing silly new games and laughing out loud just here at DC.

I am exhausted and too tired to move. lol
We are good at doing that to you:LOL::ROFLMAO: Enjoy and relax good to see ya laugh
kades

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom