Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i'm on vacation till the 7th!!!!! plus i got perfect attendance again, & got to cook breakfast with the other 2 perfect attendees while the others inventoried the kitchen. & my final grade fer the cycle is an "A".

My grey tabby, Chessie Lou, is asleep on the arm of my recliner. She's sound asleep but her whiskers are twitching and her little mouth is chattering. She must be dreaming. Wonder what she's chasing in her dreams. She makes me smile.

Katie, all your kitties make me smile!
Babe, your excitement about your plants make me smile!
Luvs, your success at school makes me smile!
My hubby phoning me from work just to say he loves and misses me makes me smile! ( and the fact that his boss says he has a great wife and she loves me because I "let" him work on his day off!)

I just got off another forum I belong to (it's for horse crazy people) and watched a miniature horse give birth live. I just happened to log on at the right moment. I never get tired of watching something like that. Animals only of course!

Congrats Stacy!

I am feeling rotten with my sinus infection and went to lie down. My bigger dog, Violet, came into the room, very softly jumped onto the bed, dropped her favourite toy by my face, then curled up beside me and went to sleep. Even though it hurts, I couldn't help but smile!

Congrats Stacy!

I am feeling rotten with my sinus infection and went to lie down. My bigger dog, Violet, came into the room, very softly jumped onto the bed, dropped her favourite toy by my face, then curled up beside me and went to sleep. Even though it hurts, I couldn't help but smile!

AWWWWWWWWWW, I love my dogs like that too!! Aren't they the greatest stress relievers?!

AWWWWWWWWWW, I love my dogs like that too!! Aren't they the greatest stress relievers?!

We call her "Nurse Violet" because she always knows when someone isn't feeling well and sticks by them to make sure they are okay. She is spending a lot of time with my Dad since he moved in and I am really glad to see that because he isn't well and missing his dog. Violet IS one of my smiles!

Driving behind my DD today and the car in front of her wasn't going fast enough for her so she turned up the side road to go the back way and I beat her home.

when I woke up this morning my dog was laying with her head on my pillow belly up and she was snoring - gotta smile at that!

my kitty, tigs, returned to me after my landlord relented several weeks ago. he's on my lap purring away.

I woke up this morning and could actually breath out of my right nostril, see out of my right eye and hear out of my right ear, and the person hammering on my sinus from the inside finally stopped! As much as I hate antibiotic I feel so much better.

So, after church as we were heading to the door, I asked Tony for the car keys. He didn't think much of it, thinking I wanted to put my stuff in the back while he said one last goodbye. He got to the car and I was in the driver's seat all ready to go! He didn't say a word. I pulled out of the parking lot, and made the 20 minute drive home through 4 major intersections and one tricky left turn. I have never driven our car before that we have had for 8 months because of my leg. I have driving my Dad's a bit lately but not that far from home base.

And if that wasn't enough to make me smile, Tony handed me the other key and said "here honey, you might need this. I am so proud of you!"

I'm not prone to depression, but for some reason yesterday it hit me like a brick wall. Luckily, there is nothing like having to be somewhere, dressed and covered, for a get-together with a few true friends. So I managed to shower, dress, make up, and get my sorry butt out of the house in spite of the late snow storm.

What made me smile? The friends whose home we were at have just adopted a new little Peke-Poo. Nothing like a new puppy for pure love.

I came back home to my depression, my geriatric dog gal, and my very understanding husband. But that few minutes with friends and that little puppy lifted me out of my depression for a few hours.

My kitty Vixen, whom I have had since november of 2003 and she came from some sort of seriously abusive situation. Anyway she has been a work in progress when it comes to trusting people. She will go out of her way to always be near me, but always a little nervous. Last night my DH & I were watching Get Smart and she for the first time actually climbed up my stomach and then my chest to demand my attention. Needless to say she got it. It's such a great feeling when our pets show how much they need us.

...and cry.

When Buck died, the mayor and city gave me a white crepe myrtle tree, which was then planted in our little city park across from city hall.

Today they held a dedication of the tree, complete with a brass plaque with Buck's name and the dates of his city council tenure. Later the plaque will be affixed to a granite monument.

Today is a picture-perfect day with clear, blue skies and lots of sunshine. I helped as the mayor inserted the stakes of the plaque into the ground at the base of Buck's tree. I smiled because I know Buck would be pleased at this gesture and I cried because I wanted him beside me to hold my hand.

If I can figure out how to get a photo from the camera to the computer, I'll post a picture.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom