Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When Buck died, the mayor and city gave me a white crepe myrtle tree, which was then planted in our little city park across from city hall.

Today they held a dedication of the tree, complete with a brass plaque with Buck's name and the dates of his city council tenure. Later the plaque will be affixed to a granite monument.

Today is a picture-perfect day with clear, blue skies and lots of sunshine. I helped as the mayor inserted the stakes of the plaque into the ground at the base of Buck's tree. I smiled because I know Buck would be pleased at this gesture and I cried because I wanted him beside me to hold my hand.

If I can figure out how to get a photo from the camera to the computer, I'll post a picture.
Katie, what a wonderful tribute to a wonderful man..I know how much you miss him, but I believe with all my heart he was right there beside you..Those beautiful blue skies all clear and bright, he was there with a big smile right at your shoulder...I think if you close your eyes you will almost feel him holding your hand.
kades

When Buck died, the mayor and city gave me a white crepe myrtle tree, which was then planted in our little city park across from city hall.

Today they held a dedication of the tree, complete with a brass plaque with Buck's name and the dates of his city council tenure. Later the plaque will be affixed to a granite monument.

Today is a picture-perfect day with clear, blue skies and lots of sunshine. I helped as the mayor inserted the stakes of the plaque into the ground at the base of Buck's tree. I smiled because I know Buck would be pleased at this gesture and I cried because I wanted him beside me to hold my hand.

If I can figure out how to get a photo from the camera to the computer, I'll post a picture.

He was holding your hand Katie. You couldn't feel it, but, he was there with you sweet lady.

my little great granddaughter, audbry saying "peease grandma" don't remember what she wanted but u can bet i gave it to her. she had me at peease.
Ah Babe, mine get me that way too..I love looking into their beautiful faces when they ask for something..My grandsons are all handsome and know my weak spots, little Olivia, I'm told looks just as I did at that age and when she climbs in my lap and say please Ma, it's hers, same with my boys...Aren't they the best medicine?
kades

I have missed so much.

Katie, thank you for sharing that beautiful moment. Now you can go visit Buck's tree and know that he will meet you there even if you can't see or feel him, he will be there.

Stacy, you go girl! Thinking of you on that treadmill makes me smile!

GOMAK, your son is more of a man taking needles than my DH is! That made me smile too!

Babe, she had me at "peease" too!

CJ, your encouragement to others ALWAYS makes me smile.

Last edited:
Tonight I asked Dad if he would like to play some crib and he said yes. We played 3 games and he beat me all three, skunking me in the last. Doesn't matter, just spending that time with him was enough to make me smile!

I can just imagine what Buck would have commented on that.........humbly and then given you other websites to go to if you wanted to order any...........I never ran into anyone who was as resourceful as him..........he had a website for everything..........and like you we miss him..........

Ah Babe, mine get me that way too..I love looking into their beautiful faces when they ask for something..My grandsons are all handsome and know my weak spots, little Olivia, I'm told looks just as I did at that age and when she climbs in my lap and say please Ma, it's hers, same with my boys...Aren't they the best medicine?
kades

she was here today to show me her new easter dress. new white shoes and an adorable little pink hat. i had a small basket and cupcakes for her. so precious. they are indeed the center of my world at the moment. did i tell u another on the way?:):)

she was here today to show me her new easter dress. new white shoes and an adorable little pink hat. i had a small basket and cupcakes for her. so precious. they are indeed the center of my world at the moment. did i tell u another on the way?:):)

Congratulations, Babe, on another great-grandchild! Another one to spoil like the dickens!!!! That makes me smile.

Oh babe how wonderful...My girls are through so little 3 year old Olivia is our baby...There is nothing sweeter than holding a new born, that wonderful baby smell and how warm and dear they are...Enjoy Gramma:)

kades

I need to hire a new assistant for my catering business because my main one is DH and with his new shifts, while he can help me prep ahead, he works weekends so isn't available for weekends.

I talked to a young man from our church who loves to bake, spent two years doing various jobs in a small bakery and is just all round the kind of person I want at my side. When I had first asked if he was interested to help with a couple of catering jobs this summer, he said yeah, he just had to check the date. But when we had our actual "interview" today and I was asking questions about how he would handle situations, etc., he got a puzzled look on his face.

I asked if maybe the job wasn't what he wanted and he said "No, this sounds fascinating, I thought you just wanted me to set up tables or something and was wondering if I got a free meal out of it! A paid summer job where I get to work with food, eat, and assist an awesome chef, I am totally interested!

I hired him on the spot (and it wasn't the awesome chef part that got me either!). A wonderful smile that will keep me smiling through the summer.

Actually this isn't a smile, it is an all out belly laugh!

Today my sister came over for our family Easter Lunch (because DH works during dinner). Most of you know about my knee woes (replacement surgery with mega complications) and I walk with a cane. Our Dad is 84, and walks with a cane. My sister recently damage her knee (and found out she is the third in the family to have arthritis in her knees) and while she isn't using a cane, she walks with one stiff leg and a limp.

Well, DH drove to the restaurant and the three of us creaked and groaned as we got out of the car. DH went ahead to open doors for us and was the last in line on the way to the table. The hostess apologized as she saw how slow and feeble the three of us were walking saying she should have seated us closer to the door.

My usually shy quiet hubby never missed a beat. He said with a straight face "it's okay, they don't get out of the group home much so we like to give them some exercise when we can".

(The reason we didn't kill him is he doesn't say things like this often AND he does work as a care worker in a group home).

Last edited:
Actually this isn't a smile, it is an all out belly laugh!

Today my sister came over for our family Easter Lunch (because DH works during dinner). Most of you know about my knee woes (replacement surgery with mega complications) and I walk with a cane. Our Dad is 84, and walks with a cane. My sister recently damage her knee (and found out she is the third in the family to have arthritis in her knees) and while she isn't using a cane, she walks with one stiff leg and a limp.

Well, DH drove to the restaurant and the three of us creaked and groaned as we got out of the car. DH went ahead to open doors for us and was the last in line on the way to the table. The hostess apologized as she saw how slow and feeble the three of us were walking saying she should have seated us closer to the door.

My usually shy quiet hubby never missed a beat. He said with a straight face "it's okay, they don't get out of the group home much so we like to give them some exercise when we can".

(The reason we didn't kill him is he doesn't say things like this often AND he does work as a care worker in a group home).
Oh my gosh! I could actually picture this all in my mind! How funny! Give Tony a hug from me!!!

:)Barbara

Back
Top Bottom