Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
watching my wonderful DH take over making supper last night after working hard at his parent's place doing some electrical wiring. I was getting very down about my inability to do things and he said to me one day recently "Hey, you have served so many people over the years in your business and volunteering, it is time to let others serve you." Last night was the best Corned Beef dinner I have ever tasted....because of the special ingredient he added called love.

Finding the dwarf blueberry bush I have been wanting at the local nursery AND it is a 3-yr old plant too!

My crazy golden retriever pup, Chase. An hour or so ago, I took him out for a potty break and there were a bunch of young bunnies in the yard. I've worked and worked with him to keep him from breaking at the sight of wildlife in the yard. It was never an issue with my Lab, Kali. If it isn't something to be retrieved, she isn't interested in it. Chase on the other hand is evil, and completely remorseless. Tonight, he knew he wasn't allowed to go after the bunnies, but he also knew he didn't need to take these invaders laying down. So, he started bouncing up and down like he was on a trampoline and barking in his "big dog" bark. It was really quite the sight to see. I'm 6'2", and we were eye to eye at the top of his bounce! The bunnies, for their part, paid him no attention at all. They went about their bunny business as if neither of us were out there.

Oh, Dave, that IS something to smile about. You will be eating blueberries before you know it :) - have a few for me please!

I will think of you as I am picking berries this summer! :) And it is good to see you were feeling up to visting us today!

Last year we got maybe 20 berries of the 3 new plants. I'm hoping for LOTS more this year now that that are more mature.

Dave,
my s-i-l showed up with two bush blueberries for us. Now where to put them?
kadesma;)

I am growing mine in very large pots. The new one is made for that, the other two are not. So far so good, 2 of the 3 survived from last year.

Both sound like great smile material skidi!

I got my Cuisinart Waffle Iron with my grocery store points today and surprised my Dad with it when we picked it up! I kept saying I ordered something and then today "we need to pick up my order at the store". He figured I had good reason to not tell him and I smiled at the look on his face when he saw it. My Dad loves his waffles and prefers homemade to frozen....so do I!

Oh, and I am feeling almost like my old self today.

Lots of reasons to smile!

Oh, and I am feeling almost like my old self today.

Lots of reasons to smile!

Yaaaaaaaaaaa! :clap:

:chef: So do you have a good waffle batter recipe? Last time I tried to make them I used Bisqucik and they were terrible. I have not tried since.

Yaaaaaaaaaaa! :clap:

:chef: So do you have a good waffle batter recipe? Last time I tried to make them I used Bisqucik and they were terrible. I have not tried since.

Actually, I am almost happy with the whole wheat/unbleached flour mixture I tried today. I will do another tweak and send it to you or post it if others are interested!. Very light on the inside and crispy on the outside.

Thanks for the applause!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom