Mom's gone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dawg,

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. It's always a hard thing to have to endure. My heart just goes out to you. Please take care of yourself. We love ya!

Munky.

Dawgluver, I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom. She sounds like a great and feisty lady who will be sorely missed. Sending you virtual hugs and an ear to listen to all your great stories about her when you're ready to share them again. The next little while is going to be a whirlwind, so try to find some time to sit down and look after YOU too.

oh dawg, so very sorry to hear this sad news of your mom's passing. from your lively stories about her, we can see glimpses of her in you. hugs to you and yours.(sigh)

Thanks to all my DC family for the positive thoughts and prayers. You give me strength and energy to tackle this. :wub:

hello dawg. where are you now, are you back home? i'm thinking often of you, and hoping being with family has been somehow helpful...having a loving beagle and husband must be some comfort, too.

Thanks so much, guys. We're home now. There's so much to do still, I could have spent a lot more time getting things in order, but life needs to go on. It will be nice to sleep in our own bed again. Beagle is a wonderful travel dog, her little human cousin wanted to trade us her baby brother for the dog.....

Thanks so much, guys. We're home now. There's so much to do still, I could have spent a lot more time getting things in order, but life needs to go on. It will be nice to sleep in our own bed again. Beagle is a wonderful travel dog, her little human cousin wanted to trade us her baby brother for the dog.....

you are so awesome, dawg! who else but you could switch the dial like that and gift us all with the biggest smile of the day! childhood bartering, for realz.-- so innocently diabolical....:)

LOL! I remember trying to send my brother back. We did try while he was still little and cute. But, he's still up for grabs.

Glad your trip was safe and you are home.

For a kid that would be quite a coup.

DL--as I've been dealing with my mom's dementia (I'm losing her slowly), one of the things that has brought me comfort is the letters from friends when I was an exchange student. One friend wrote how she ran into my mom on the street and they were talking about me--her words (my friend's) were that "your mom's eyes lit up like diamonds when she talked about you--she loves you so much, you are so lucky." That letter is one I treasure. Treasure the memories of the good times, the funny times, and hopefully, your friends will share their memories of your mom with you that you can hold to your heart. There is no other person in the world who can take the place of one's mom. Always hold the positive memories close--if you were to put those memories on video tapes/DVDs, there would be a whole lot more of those tapes than any bad memories. Play those happy memory DVDs/tapes over and over again, and if a negative tape starts to play, play one of those happy memory DVDs to chase away the negative tape. {{{Hugs}}}

You are all the best! :wub: Thank you all for the kind thoughts and words of wisdom.

CWS, it is so hard to see a strong woman go downhill. Hugs to you.

Am still working on the obit and memorial, along with sorting out several lifetimes of stuff that we brought back. I am so glad we didn't have a service yet, there was a major blizzard on the day my sister wanted it, and it would have been rushed. We will postpone it for a time the other out of town friends and relatives can make it. Mom was cremated, so there is no rush. She'll keep.

Back
Top Bottom