Oh, happy day!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
The last two years have been nothing short of problematic as far as medical issues are concerned.

I have been and am still undergoing breast cancer treatment, then my husband needed to have a hip revision surgery (a surgery to replace an old hip replacement).

Well, how do you do, while Glenn was going through the health clearances for the hip surgery, the tests showed he had a serious heart issue. In the end, he had to have open heart surgery in April. Lots of serious issues, which have been resolved. He's still recovering but in baby steps.

Now...the hip surgery. We're now a month out and saw the orthopaedic surgeon today. He received a stellar report. He can now put full weight on the leg/hip and is anticipating kicking the walker to the curb....very soon.

I couldn't be happier. Before the surgery he walked with a "list" to his left side and his left foot moved at a 45-degree angle to his right, which meant his hip was sloppy. He lost 2 inches in length to his left leg because the stem of the old hip replacement had tamped down into his femur and was flopping around into that bone and resulted into 4 fractures in the bone. Lots of pain.

Today was a "happy" day when the doc said to put full weight on the leg and do as normal as can be done. Kick the walker to the curb when it feels right.

Yeah!!!!!

This is FAR better news than a great Goodwill find, Katie! :LOL: I'm so happy that Glenn is progressing so well. Blessings to you and Glenn for full and healthy recoveries. (((hugs)))

Back
Top Bottom