Request for Prayers and Good Thoughts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you PAG and Katie.

Dad says she's sleeping now and he's heading out for some dinner, they've put a cot in her room for him.

Dear Dear PF, I hope you were able to sleep tonight. I'll be praying and hoping my way to sleep shortly thinking of your Mom, plus you, your Dad, and your sibs. Hope Mom feels fine in the AM. Himself's cousin was on IV antibiotics for months because of some infection (mrsa?) but she felt better soon after it started and she's been fine since her treatment ended a couple years ago. Praying your Mom fares just as good! And here's a little something because you need it:
smiley-hug008.gif

Sorry I didn't see this earlier PF...... Wishing for a speedy recovery for your mom, hope all is well soon. Take care of yourself too,

Thank you, Cooking Goddess, deeply appreciated.

I slept well, have not called the Hosp, yet. Have to wait until I am verbal.

SomeBunny...thanks you, Mom will love your note (and Happy Birthday to your Grand Daughter)

Thanks, Pacanis. I will send your message on to Mom.

Zhizara, thank you so much for the hugs and love. Passing it on.

Talked to Mom's nurse, they will most likely be pulling her drains today and letting her heal up. Some medication changes, which I will need to ask Dad about, they have her on Coumadin and I don't know why.

Mom had a good night, no pain. Daddy is out having breakfast.

Talked to Mom's nurse, they will most likely be pulling her drains today and letting her heal up. Some medication changes, which I will need to ask Dad about, they have her on Coumadin and I don't know why.

Mom had a good night, no pain. Daddy is out having breakfast.

Well this sounds like great news PF !! I am so happy to hear that she is doing better and equally happy to hear that Dad is taking care of himself too.

Good news for everyone !!

Sounds like the worst of this medical storm has passed. Glad to hear your Mom's problems are coming under control. Should be another OK night for you all.

(((hugs to you all)))

Sending healing vibes in your mum's direction.

How did I miss this thread? I'm sorry to be so late to participate in the good wishes for a speedy recovery.

Thanks, TL...all good thoughts are needed.

Now for the good news:

The bacteria (I still don't know which one) can be handled with oral antibiotics, so no IV for 6 months. Mom is still happy she got the PICC Line, she says it's much nicer than an IV line.

The drain was not removed, repositioned and now it's draining better. She's not in any pain and the only uncomfortable part about the PICC Line, the MD who inserted it looks disturbingly like my Brother with the same sense of humor. LOL!!!

Mom says she feels great and thanks everyone for their well-woshes and prayers.

She did have problems with several Pulmonary Embolisms, blood clots to her lungs. That's why she is on the coumadin. And they have notice several nodes on her thyroid, they will be doing a needle biopsy in the morning to determine if they are benign or malignant...this is not the first time she has had thyroid problems, had her parathyroids removed about 27 years ago.

Daddy is fine, he spent the afternoon at the Tattered Cover Bookstore for some relaxing time. He's eating and getting enough sleep.

My heartfelt thanks to all of you for your support, I would not have been able to get through this without it.

Hugs,
P.Fiona

So glad your Mom is feeling better, and that her med team has a handle on her condition! Maybe you can relax now too, PF!

Back
Top Bottom