1/2 cooked meal in refrigerator?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

legend_018

Head Chef
ok am I on the right track here? I'm making this today probably between 11 and 12. I'm doing everything except #3. Than I have to transfer it all about 10 minutes away at around 2:30pm and finish it. I'm guessing we'll be eating maybe 3:30/4:00pm ish. I shouldn't just leave this on the counter after I finish steps #1 and #2 should I? I have to put it in the refrigerator right?

Here is the recipe with the steps

Mediterranean Chicken - Allrecipes

Thanks

Yes, I would put it in the fridge since the chicken is only partially cooked. Why aren't you cooking it till done at home and reheat?
Adding the olives when reheating, then you could leave it on your counter,(at least I would).

Barb L. said:
Yes, I would put it in the fridge since the chicken is only partially cooked. Why aren't you cooking it till done at home and reheat?
Adding the olives when reheating, then you could leave it on your counter,(at least I would).

I don't usually like reheating chicken and I want the meal to come out super. I'm afraid of it drying out and/or overcooking.

You should never partially cook chicken. Once you start to you it you should cook it all the way through.

I agree with you but with all the sauce in it, it still should be fairly warm when you take it and reheating o med.-low heat should be fine. Maybe someone else can be of better help. Good luck - sounds yummy! Have a great time!!

I might even just get the sauce ready and than when I arrive at my MIL sear the chicken, pour the sauce in and simmer until done.

legend_018 said:
I might even just get the sauce ready and than when I arrive at my MIL sear the chicken, pour the sauce in and simmer until done.

That's the best plan. That's how we normally do things in a restaurant.

I cooked the sauce and it cooled off quickly. it's in the frige now. Yup that's what i'm doing. searing and than simmering in the already made sauce. woo hoo.

Hot sauces should be cooled to at least 70 degrees before putting in the fridge. Refridgerators won't drop food temperature fast enough (down to 70 F within an hour and below 41F within 2 more hours.) A cold water bath works if you don't own a blast chiller (who does?). Poultry must be cooked to over 165 before it's safe to eat. Shigellosis is nothing to mess with, cook that bird through.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom