1/4 lb (115g) sliced mushrooms?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Poutine

Senior Cook
How much do you think 115g (1/4lb) of sliced mushrooms would work out to in cups?

Thanks
:)

Miss Poutine..

The way I arrived at that amount was this..I bought a bag of sliced mushrooms a while back. Somehow they ended up in the freezer.:ermm:

Anyways, I went into the kitchen got them out.. weighed 1/4 lb of them and dumped them in a cup. Very scientific!! Now when I think about it if they were "fresh" not frozen they probably would not take up as much volume/space as the frozen ones did...So my numbers my be high.

So what are you cooking??

Miss Poutine...

Ok I just weighed 1/4 lb of white button mushrooms..most just avg size. you are looking at 8 or 9 mushrooms..

Sounds Yummy...And you said dinner was at what time??;)

Dinner is around 7pm.
If you leave on a plane now you might make it up here. ;)
Bring your jacket it was -22C (~-8F) this morning. :eek:

Miss Poutine..

Regretfully ma'am, I will have to decline your kind offer for dinner this evening. As I gave my pilot a long week-end off, I will be unable to enjoy what promises to be an excellent meal. Thank you for your warm hospitality and invitation. I do pray that you will have plenty of excellent Kentucky Bourbon to warm yourself and your guest.;)

Seriously, I hope all goes well with your dinner. It does sound fun!

That was very nice of you to give you pilot time off. ;)
What long weekend is it?

Miss Poutine..

The young man wanted time off to visit his parents..So nothing special about the long week-end. Fri-Mon. I was happy to accomadate him on his request.

If you visualize an 8oz. package of sliced mushrooms that you see in the supermarket, it is about at the 1-1 1/2C that has been mentioned. That said, mushrooms cook down so much, more could not hurt!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Yes Poutine, but you are mixing volume and weight.

16 fluid oz of water (volume) weighs about a pound, lb, weight (a pint is a pound the world around).

But mushrooms ain't water. Their density is less than water and there is a lot of air between mushrooms. So a pint of mushrooms will weight significantly less than a lb.

Yes it is confusing. But I don't think we are going to change any time soon.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom