1 gallon of cocktail sauce!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

my_psychosis

Senior Cook
My sisters friend worked at a restaurant that just went out of business. She brought over a lot of food including a 1 gallon jug of Katy's kitchen shrimp and seafood sauce.
What can I do with it? I thought I might measure it out in 1 or 2 cup servings and freeze it for starters. Is that OK?
Also any recipes or tips?
Thanks much.

Quick! Run out and buy a whole lot of shrimp and call all your friends. :yum:

I think freezing it is your best bet. Then you have time to figure out what you can do with it.

I agree, freeze most of it. Then save out a bit and boil up some shrimp! :yum: Maybe add a bit of extra horseradish.

Last edited:
Another thought, you could rework it into a summery Gazpacho style soup.

The one caution I would give is to avoid the trap of spending a fortune so salvage a free gift. It might be better in the long run to pour it into four clean quart jars and share it with family or friends.

Good luck!

Maybe seafood lasagna, using it instead of marinara sauce.

And I also agree with Aunt Bea, share the wealth, and give some of the sauce to friends!

Last edited:
I have had the same problem with pizza sauce.
I froze it in smaller containers. Once it was froze I took it out of the containers a vacuumed sealed it in freezer bags that were air tight.

Yup, freeze it. If you don't have a vacuum sealer like me, I freeze spaghetti sauce in freezer zip lock bags with good results. Just turn the top of the bag down to keep it open and the zipper clean. Ladle in the sauce and seal after letting the air out.

this may sound odd, but I really like cocktail sauce as a BBQ sauce.

It works really well on Chickens.

tart and spicy! I'd melt 1 stick butter in a small pan, and add 2 cps of suace then slather the chickens 10 minutes befor done.

I have a really old school BBQ cook book, and they call this Florida Sauce.

Eric, Austin Tx.

What are the ingredients? Cocktail sauce to me is ketchup, horseradish, Worcestershire and lemon or lime juice.

Back
Top Bottom