17/8/13 what's cooking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that is better...I too can understand that GQ :LOL: That is our format for the date too

Last edited:
So lead us off. What are you cooking tonight? :chef:
I have a lentil and cauliflower curry on the stove. A bit experimental as I saw the recipe in a magazine but now can't find it. I'm not one for things with lots of "heat" so I'm using a korma-style mix of spices and coconut milk. If it's a success I'll post it. Silence means it was not good!

I made a huge pot of Chillie for today and tomorrow I am doing home made KFC style chicken. Also making some blueberry muffins for my little granddaughter .

I'll probably just have a salad. DH is gone all day and won't be home for lunch or dinner, the yungun is working tonight so it's just me. I had a nice egg salad sandwich for lunch which filled me up.

I just came back from the grocery store and found a bonanza of meats on sale - chicken legs for 99 cents/pound, pork shoulder for $1.99/pound, and London broil for $2.99/pound. Not sure what to make, though. It's starting to rain, so no grilling, so maybe I'll roast the chicken legs and potatoes.

After reading Gravy Queen's post on baked KFC, I now want that! I have to go out in few minutes to take care of a friend's dog so I think I will just slide through the drive-thru just down the street for some KFC.

Seared duck breasts with Asparagus and broth over some kind of pasta
No duck tonight. My son is playing at a festival nearby and I thought he was going to leave right after to travel to Toronto for another show tomorrow night but turns out he is not. I am going to go and see him play. Probably have a few barley sandwiches and a chien chaud.

I went to the store, too, and picked up some eggs... so tonight will be fried breaded perch and fries.

Grilled ribeye steak, grilled lemon pepper potatoes and grilled corn on the cob.......detecting a theme here.....lol! Maybe better add a green salad, I think there are some tomatoes in the garden that want picking and am going out to dig taters right now.

I just finished polishing off a huge plate of fried perch and fries with a little mac and cheese added. I'm good.

It's all Dawg's fault...her talk of turkey dinner and the leftovers. I found turkey parts for sale (where the heck were they in November?) today I made broth with the wings, saved some clear broth for tomorrow. Chopped the meat, sauteed up onion, celery and carrots with mushrooms, made roux and added in some broth and egg noodles. Had a turkey and noodle dish. Tomorrow is stuffing and turkey day, but on a smaller scale than Dawg did.

It's all Dawg's fault...her talk of turkey dinner and the leftovers. I found turkey parts for sale (where the heck were they in November?) today I made broth with the wings, saved some clear broth for tomorrow. Chopped the meat, sauteed up onion, celery and carrots with mushrooms, made roux and added in some broth and egg noodles. Had a turkey and noodle dish. Tomorrow is stuffing and turkey day, but on a smaller scale than Dawg did.

Awww, Sweetness! Sorry I corrupted you, PF! DH finally finished up the last of the stuffing/gravy/turkey mix today, thankfully we are now free of that beast.....

It's really good for the first 2 weeks. After that, I'm sick of it :LOL:

Last edited:
Awww, Sweetness! Sorry I corrupted you, PF! DH finally finished up the last of the stuffing/gravy/turkey mix today, thankfully we are now free of that beast.....

It's really good for the first 2 weeks. After that, I'm sick of it :LOL:

There's enough for two more meals for the two of us and two lunches...and I haven't even started tomorrows meal except for the broth for the stuffing. I have two drumsticks, I may freeze one.:rolleyes:

The only complaint over being seduced to the turkey-side is that it made the apartment hot and muggy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom