59 Ways to Cook an Egg...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I watched this video for what seemed to be forever and glanced down at the time to see I hadn't even reached half way. Casey, I'll never get those 12 minutes back again. ;)

Some of those odd ball methods that they disapproved of are good to know. Sometimes it's the only tool available.

I got to about 11:15 and was about to turn it off ( since I dont eat eggs anyway), but my curiosity took over and I made it to the very end.
I was kinda entertained.
Probably something I'd do myself on a day when I was home alone with nothing to do.
With 6 chickens, I have all the eggs I need to play with.

I watched this video for what seemed to be forever and glanced down at the time to see I hadn't even reached half way. Casey, I'll never get those 12 minutes back again. ;)

It was definitely long, but moved at a good pace, so I didn't really notice how long it ran. He made a French omelet look so easy. And, the campfire egg explosion was funny.

The Rolle egg machine was funny, too. What came out of the thing was pretty awful looking. There are other funny videos of that "kitchen appliance"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4myjbiSNAA

Why would anyone buy one of those things?

CD

I don't like fried eggs but my mother did them in a little oil or bacon fat in the frying pan but a former flatmate used to deep-fry them (shell-less!) in the chip (= french fries - I think) pan - bleuch!

I don't like fried eggs but my mother did them in a little oil or bacon fat in the frying pan but a former flatmate used to deep-fry them (shell-less!) in the chip (= french fries - I think) pan - bleuch!

I've heard of deep-fried duck eggs before.

I don't think I'd ever try deep-frying an egg. You'd think the moisture in the egg white would have a bad reaction to being dumped into hot oil?

I decided to try ATK method and just happen to be the owner of a tea strainer. So I dropped the egg into that, let the water (that is in all eggs, just the amount differs according to age of the egg) drain and then proceeded to fry it. Perfectly nice round fried egg. Worth the extra step.

Just one caveat. Don't rinse the strainer first in hot water after you place the egg in the pan. It will cook what little white is in it and can be a devil to clean. Rinse with cold water first.

It was definitely long, but moved at a good pace, so I didn't really notice how long it ran. He made a French omelet look so easy. And, the campfire egg explosion was funny.

The Rolle egg machine was funny, too. What came out of the thing was pretty awful looking. There are other funny videos of that "kitchen appliance"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4myjbiSNAA

Why would anyone buy one of those things?

CD

If I come up with a logical answer, I will let you know in the year 2525. Someone must remember that song. That didn't even look the least bit appetizing.

Re: 'tube' eggs...I know that sounds gross, but I think that many hospitals use those layered cylinder cooked eggs for their hard cooked eggs. Hospital kitchens don't have the time to hard cook, peel, and hand slice eggs for salads or garnishes. I would imagine that higher end commercial cylinders are used and the product is shipped to the facility cooled and ready to use.

At least that's what I was told from someone who worked in a hospital kitchen....I could be wrong. :LOL:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom