63 ways to cook a potato...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks caseydog

I can't believe I watched the whole thing.:ermm:

Actually, it was kinda fun for the same reason as certain cable news shows. Mainly confirmed existing preferences and prejudices. Proved scientifically that potato juice and a whole potato cooked in a dishwasher are both stupid ideas. Every single person watching gets an ego boost from saying, "I could've told 'em that!"

Thought the pickled potato looked interesting but not gonna watch it again to get the recipe.

Last edited:
I got annoyed part way through that video. There were a couple of methods he didn't like the results where I blame his attempt. E.g., you gotta get the butter or flavoured oil down in between the slices with a Hasselback potato and it helps to stick a small piece of garlic between the slices, so they stay open while the potato is baking.

I got annoyed part way through that video. There were a couple of methods he didn't like the results where I blame his attempt. E.g., you gotta get the butter or flavoured oil down in between the slices with a Hasselback potato and it helps to stick a small piece of garlic between the slices, so they stay open while the potato is baking.

Yeah, he really didn't give the Hasselback a fair shake. But, overall, I found it entertaining, if only somewhat informative.

CD

I did similar, but with sliced onions in between the slices
Haven't made them in awhile, but boy were they sure good!

From what I remember the onions did do a good job separating, but have to lie them thick enough to separate but thing enough that you can get the slices in without breaking the potato apart. Its been at least a decade since I made them, so Im just basing it off of what I think I did :) But I do remember liking them a lot. Not sure why I haven't continued to make them,

Foil pack potatoes on the campfire are great. But the potato isn't usually the star of the show. I always put in fresh trout, or beef, some carrots, and onion, with butter, salt, pepper, and garlic. And there are other ways he made the potato that would have made them much better with proper seasoning. I do agree though that boiling the potatoes first, before turning them into french fries, or steak fries is definitely the way to make the best versions of these.

He also didn't make the campfire potatoe where you run an apple corere through the potato to make a tunnel. You cut the resultant potato plug in half. Fill the tunnel with ham and cheese, then put the plug halves back in
either side. Wrap in foil and bake in the coals.

In any case, it was entertaining.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom