A beginner question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flowersa

Assistant Cook
Hi, I put garlic and oil in the pan then how should I add tomatos that left over with some water on it (After I cut it in this mixer) so the oil won't jump over? I saw some videos on Youtube they caught the tomatos in the mixer but didn't take off any water and all was fine

Maybe try using a lower heat setting on the pan before you put the tomatoes in and dump in all the tomatoes at once.

Hi before I put the tomatoes I will put in the garlic and union and it takes for some reason some time until I see it got the brown color but I will try to lower the heat a bit and see what happens thanks

Maybe try using a lower heat setting on the pan before you put the tomatoes in and dump in all the tomatoes at once.

If you pour the liquid in from one side it will rapidly turn to steam (hence keeping to one side so you don't steam yourself) and cool the pan, then just dump the rest in. Unless your heat is VERY high - and if it is taking a long time to brown the onions it probably isn't - there shouldn't be any oil popping.

You don't need a lot of oil with garlic and high temperatures will scorch it making it and your final dish taste burnt. Not tasty at all.

One of my biggest faults when I was learning to cook was being in a rush and using too high temperatures. I hate scrubbing burnt on food from pans, so I gradually learned to take it slower and be more gentle with my food, and got much better results.

Hi, I put garlic and oil in the pan then how should I add tomatos that left over with some water on it (After I cut it in this mixer) so the oil won't jump over? I saw some videos on Youtube they caught the tomatos in the mixer but didn't take off any water and all was fine
shalom flowersa!!
try putting the oil in a COLD pan,add the garlic & then turn on the heat.as the garlic starts to "fizz" in the oil then add the tomatoes.the garlic will start to "fizz" at a fairly low temperature so adding the tomatoes at that point will not only stop the garlic burning but should also stop the tomatoes from spattering.

Heat the pan. Add the oil to a hot pan. Add the onions to the hot oil in the hot pan, cook the onions until they are soft and just starting to turn colour. Add the garlic and allow only 30 seconds for the garlic to cook. Slowly add the tomato so that it doesn't spatter. This is the point where you might want to reduce the heat so you don't boil away all that delicious tomato juice.

Hi Harry you're the first one to notice I'm from Israel HeHe Shalom to you :chef:
I'll try to do what you wrote I guess I will handle it better and not when the pan gets hot and so the rest of the elements
thanks to you and all who nicely help

shalom flowersa!!
try putting the oil in a COLD pan,add the garlic & then turn on the heat.as the garlic starts to "fizz" in the oil then add the tomatoes.the garlic will start to "fizz" at a fairly low temperature so adding the tomatoes at that point will not only stop the garlic burning but should also stop the tomatoes from spattering.

Hi Harry you're the first one to notice I'm from Israel HeHe Shalom to you :chef:
I'll try to do what you wrote I guess I will handle it better and not when the pan gets hot and so the rest of the elements
thanks to you and all who nicely help
the clue was in your location flowers!give it a try,i think the only problem you have had is that the oil has been too hot.let me know how you get on please
harry

Back
Top Bottom