A Question of Fat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some of the sources I do use also use scientifically derived data, but growing up in farm country I have seen first hand just how 'scientific' the USDA can be. I take them with a grain of salt, IE most times they can be relied on but I would recommend double checking what they say for yourself.
It is one of my shortcomings, I am often not very clear in what I am writing. I know what I want to say, just doesn't come out right all the time. But yes I do believe in scientific data, I guess bottom line I am just saying I hesitate to take them at face value rather prefer to 'shop' around and try and get a bigger picture.
By nature I am also a very skeptical person, so often I find myself just kinda 'brushing' past all the commotion and just sticking to my 'moderation and balance' ideals and hoping for the best, LOL.
Something like that, anyway ;)

I, too, am skeptical of information unless I am comfortable with the source. Given all the garbage people try to pass off as fact on the internet, that's a wise approach.

I rely on double checking to verify info. If two or more "reliable" sources say so I'm more inclined to accept it.

I also believe moderation is the key to success. I wish I could be consistent in living moderately, but like Benjamin Franklin, I don't always practice what I preach.

Back
Top Bottom