A Stick of Butter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Michael in FtW said:
Remember - it was an act of Congress that changed the status of the tomato in the US from it's botanical place in nature as a fruit to a vegetable.

Thank you everyone, I've enjoyed reading all the replies. I'm glad I'm not the only one 'slightly' confused. :LOL:

Michael - you've got to be kidding. :ohmy: Tell me more....

I'm persuing the other thread "Cooking puzzle" (thank you) as I type, very interesting indeedy. I might reply to that one as well.

Oh, now knowing what all you guys knew, my cookies worked out very nicely, thank you all. :)

The choc chip - failed due to too much butter, but worked 2nd time round

The Marmalady - a winner first time

and Orange cookies. added the remainder of the craisins.

After all, I am a male. :ROFLMAO:

Brooksy said:
Michael - you've got to be kidding. :ohmy: Tell me more....

ARRGH! It wasn't Congress - it was the Supreme Court that made the decision on May 10, 1893 in the case of NIX (importers) v. HEDDEN (Tax Collector), Case 149 U.S. 304. It was a "taxing" decision - and the court ruled to change the tomato from a berry/fruit to a vegetable so it could be taxed. Humm .. funny decision since we overthrew "The Crown" in 1776 over taxing our tea ... humm. :LOL:

Michael in FtW said:
...change the tomato from a berry/fruit to a vegetable so it could be taxed. Humm .. funny decision since we overthrew "The Crown" in 1776 over taxing our tea ... humm. :LOL:

The difference is where the tax dollars go. Keeping them for yourself is a lot more palatable than sending them to England.

Back
Top Bottom