AAARRRRGGGHH! Where Is My Orange Juice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I am truly annoyed by the orange juice industry!

I shop weekly for fresh foods and staples. I cannot get a container of orange juice that is just orange juice.

I can get Lots 'O' Pulp, No Pulp, with Calcium, Heart safe, Choleserol Lowering. Then there is Lots 'O' Pulp with calcium, No Pup with calcium, etc., etc.

All I want in the morning is a glass of orange juice that is the same as the stuff that comes out of the orange. It should contain orange juice and however much pulp is in the oranges squeezed to fill the container.

Who decided orange juice was the designated goodness delivery system for this country?

...and, no, I don't want to squeeze my own.

I know what you mean, Andy. A host of other foods have been "healthed" up. It is maddening when all you want is good old orange juice. Good luck. I have not looked recently, are the frozen juices treated the same way?

I am with you Andy. I had not bought OJ in quite a while, but I wanted to get DW some the other day. I stood there for 20 minutes looking at all the different variations.

I know what you mean Andy, too many o.j's I am able to find just plain o.j. thankfully.

Good grief.

Orange juice, staight out of the orange with the pith and all, I just don't particularly like.

Too acidic for me and I don't enjoy the pith.

But now I can buy orange juice that has been filtered, no bloodly particles, and it is neutralized.

I like that.

If someone is willing to give me what I like I will buy it.

This country is based upon free enterprise, and the orange juice providers seem to have figured that out.

I hope you can find the OJ you like, I really do.

But in the store I vote with my bucks, and I am afraid that is the bottom line.

If I seem a bit peevish, I apologize.

Simply Orange is good and Florida's Best also has the plain old orange juice.

I have to say however that I like to keep both kinds on hand - the fortified kind and the old fashioned Simply Orange kind. The fortified kind is very good for kids and even for me because we are not very good on taking multi vitamins or calcium. I don't notice much difference in taste.

The best is the home made freshly squeezed kind. When I lived in Georgia oranges were more abundant and affordable and in the summer months we used to regularly make home made juice.

I have a juicer that I've never used. I heard it can be a bit difficult to use them and my dad said he tried to make homemade orange juice once and it took a LOT of oranges and was expensive.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom