Adding shine to burger buns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is there a way to add shine/glaze to store bought burger buns? I know you can do this while baking the buns but was wondering if this was possible with already baked buns.

I had a burger in a restaurant once that had been toasted then brushed with butter during plating. It was really shiny but was an unpleasant mess to eat.

>>avoid....

not likely. a hard shiny thin crust of non-oil/fat origin is developed by high heat humid baking - think baguette....

This may not be what you want but it MAY work:

"Balsamic Glaze
YIELD: MAKES 1/2 CUP
Ingredients:
2 cups of Balsamic vinegar
Directions:
Pour vinegar into a small sauce pan and bring to a boil. Once you've got a boil, reduce the heat and allow the vinegar to simmer for about 20-30 minutes or until the vingar has become thick enough to coat the back of a spoon (you should have about 1/2 cup of glaze when it's done).

Remove from heat and allow to cool. then just pour it into a container with a lid and pop it in the fridge. It should last you a few weeks."

The Balsamic taste may not be what you want on your buns ---- and I don't know if it would dry enough. Even if it doesn't suit you for a glaze it does sound delicious. :)

Using white Balsamic vinegar would be more 'transparent'.

Clean & Delicious with Dani Spies » Video: How-To Make Balsamic Glaze

Thanks all, for the replies and the recipe.
I'm grilling a couple dozen each of burgers and sliders among other things tomorrow for my grand daughter's b-day party and was looking for a simple way to add glaze to the buns to make them look pretty. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom