Ah, a feeling of satisfaction.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know what you mean, Charlie, my friend. There are so many meat myths out there. And the responses were amazing to me. People just won't believe it.

"I do it my way, and I do it the way my grandma did it, and she did it the way her mother did it. That's the way it's supposed to be done. And I don't care about scientific proof."

Seems to be the mindset of so many people. To me, that's just sad.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

"When it comes to cooking meat I have my own personal set of "rules." I prefer to grind my own meat, buy fresh and local whenever possible, and never, ever, buy meat on sale (think about it…)

This is the only part that I disagree with. Meat that is "marked down for quick sale" may not be the freshest, but meat that is "on sale" is usually just an item that a company has chosen to run on special that week, and is not an indication of poor quality or freshness.

I wish that I could afford to be that pretentious about food!

Last edited:
I'm reminded of the woman who always cut off a part of the ham before roasting it. When asked why, it was how her mother had done it. When the mother was asked why, it was how her mother had done it. When Grandma was asked why, "Otherwise it won't fit in the pot I use for ham."

Back
Top Bottom