All-purpose flour and cornstarch measurement fix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leemz

Assistant Cook
If the cake recipe calls for 6 oz of all-purpose flour and 1 oz of cornstarch. And it says that Add cornflour to flour. Does it mean that we should mix 6oz of flour to 1 oz corn starch, or 5 oz of flour to 1 0z of cornstarch?
I made this recipe here, the cake turned out perfect but still it left me wondering for future, please lemme know.
?

6 oz. flour + 1 oz. cornstarch = 7 oz. total

The cake looks great! Are we having breakfast at your house this morning? :LOL:

Last edited:
Noooooo. What I'm trying to say is that should I include the cornstarch along with the 6 oz of flour which will make it 7 oz or add 1 oz of cornstarch to flour which will total 6 oz. Hope You catch my drift.

Not sure I understand your confusion.

The ingredients list calls for 6 oz flour and 1 oz of cornstarch. Directions tell you to combine them with other dry ingredients.

Directions says, add 1 oz cornflour to flour. So, my questions is, should I add the cornflour before measuring the whole flour+cornflour to 6 oz or simply add 1oz cornflour to 6 oz flour, this will total to 7 oz of dry ingredients, and the prior will be total 6 oz. Hope you get it now :S

Directions says, add 1 oz cornflour to flour. So, my questions is, should I add the cornflour before measuring the whole flour+cornflour to 6 oz or simply add 1oz cornflour to 6 oz flour, this will total to 7 oz of dry ingredients, and the prior will be total 6 oz. Hope you get it now :S

Actually, the directions say:

Sift together flour, corn starch, baking powder and salt. Set aside.

Regardless of the wording, the first thing you should be doing is measuring out each ingredient separately according to the amounts on the ingredient list before you start with any directions. Thus, you would measure 6 ounces of flour and 1 ounce of cornstarch, etc.

Then, in STEP 3 you would: "Sift together flour, corn starch, baking powder and salt. Set aside.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom