Amazing....1% of Population

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's amazing that there is a specific section on here for celiac sufferers when only 1% of the population suffers from a reaction to gluten. Why the sudden popularity of non-gluten foods?

I just stumbled onto this thread and haven't read through it yet but I certainly will. I kinda wanted to address the OP without knowledge of the rest of it.

Maybe 1% of the population has been diagnosed with celiac, but the number of people affected by wheat and gluten without formally knowing it would be much higher if it could ever be calculated.

I did see that PF mentioned people with gluten allergies. My husband and I have both been tested for celiac disease and we were told we didn't have it. We have been tested for wheat and gluten allergies and we both have them big time.

I am finding that more and more people are trying gluten free food (which is not as bad as you would think and it gets better all the time) and finding that they are not always bloated, have more energy and just plain feel better. They more than likely don't have celiac or even an allergy, but if it makes them feel better, I say go for it and I will help with food!

Okay, I will shut my trap and after my movie is over I will be a good girl and read the thread, then I will speak again.:angel:

Last edited:
No, not really. I'm smart enough to avoid certain foods. I just think it's funny there is a gluten free forum.

Smart enough to avoid certain foods but can't figure out where to post about pizzas? Nice.

Why are you trolling these boards? There are much better places for trolling than a small community like this. I realize it's easy but come on...

Last edited:
I want a hot dog forum. All hot dog. All the time.

I'm down with that! I have recipes galore for it! Homemade beanie-weinies, Spaghetti-Os and hotdogs, then my rather lengthy list of hot dog sauces including the rare ORIGINAL Pops Rootbeer Spanish sauce.

I want a forum for people who want to eat as much as we want but still expect to lose 5 pounds a week. :angel:

That would be me! Where do I weigh in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom