American recipes sites

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flys

Assistant Cook
Hi to all,
i'm looking for sites about tipical american recipes.
Can someone help me ?

thanks in advance

Can you explain what you are interested in a bit more in detail?
There are a vast variety of "typical american food", background of american people are so eclectic, their ancestors coming from all corners of the world, different cultural influences, then becoming modified in one way or another... in fact many of what they consider as "Italian food" are actually typical american creations, too:LOL:

There are things like Chili (not the pepper, but a spicy stew particularly popular in the southwestern part of the US), Texas BBQ, Thanksgiving turkey, brownies, pancakes, variety of Cajun cooking (originating from Louisiana), that can be safely called "typically american", just to name a few.
We would like a bit more input from you to help you better!

thanks Licia,
i just want to know some good sites about a one topic, like fish cooking, vegetable ..etc to help me wright my own recipes better ...
In the meanwhile i found this one http://www.about.com/food/ very helpful fot me.

Ciao e grazie

I am going to stand up and be counted. I am an American, who just happens to think that all people, from all regions of the world are just as important. I live in the Great Lakes region, home to some of the best fresh-water fish on the planet. I love cooking, and know much about many types of cuisine, American and otherwise. And I belong to this great website that has a bunch of Americans who know there way around a stove, refrigerators, pantries, and food stores. They have such a wealth of knowledge, that when I need help with somithing, the site to which they belong is my first choice. That site is DiscussCooking.com!

I think you will come to understand that the knowledge contained by people on this site is hard to beat, and not just for American cuisine. For instance, I have one of the finest pancake recipes on the planet. There are others here that are amazing with barbecues, or regional favorites such as chili, or pulled pork. We have proffesionals, highly skilled ameteurs, and everything from rank beginners to people who can cook almost anything asked of them, limited only if they have no exposure to a particular dish.

And if we don't know how to make something, or make something better, we know the people who do.

Urmainac, you are already on the site you need to be on. So go ahead, ask me a question about American food. You'll get an appropreate answer, either from my own knowledge, or from someone else who really knows the recipe, or technique you are trying to record or perfect.

I fact, I challenge everyone. Ask the question. One of us will give you the answer you seek.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

flys, you absolutely cannot go wrong reading anything Goodweed posts here. He is full of good information based on personal experience and is a great storyteller as well.

flys you are at the absolute best place on the web to find american recipes or any recipe for that matter, just search out the archives, there are all kinda neat stuff... good cooking to you :)

Thank you Goodweed, you said it all.

I love this site not just because the people know so much, but also because everyone is so helpful, friendly and kind.

Thanks Goodweed and all our fellow DCers, it is great to have you there.

American Recipes

I to am going to stand up for Discuss Cooking .com no better place. Now for my reply. There is no such thing as American Recipes. The only true Americans are the Indians which we white ppl took advantage of. If you let us know what region you are interested in I am sure we all could come up with 1 or 2 recipes. lol:ROFLMAO:

American recipes cover an extremely wide range. You will have a lot to choose from. Let us know what you're interested in.

Another option is for you to do a search on this site for recipes. We have separate forums for most major ingredient types (meat, seafood, vegetables, etc) and they have lots of recipes in them. Take a look.

Urmaniac; Sorry. Your name was in my head as it was the post I read before responding. Flys, I still stand by what I said, even though I addressed it to the wrong person.:blush:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I'm wondering how one identifies American Food! For me, I instantly thought of the foods from PA Dutch Country where I grew up when I read this question - but they aren't really "typical American" when you get right down to it, are they? I guess I consider them American because the food is very basic - but it all came from somewhere else to begin with.
If I came from the south, for instance, I would have different ideas of "typical American food".
So, the question is - what is American Food? :D

Because of our immigrant history, just about everything we eat in America has roots in other countries. We have adopted and modified the foods of other countries and they became American.

Consider Boston Baked Beans or New England clam chowder. There is an endless list of American dishes from New Orleans - Jambalaya, Gumbo, crawfish dishes. San Francisco's sour dough bread and ciopino. The list is endless.

Of course, there's American Chop Suey (called slumgillion in parts of the country).

Thanks folks,
yes this site is really awesome. A lot of information.

Thanks to all. :chef:

Back
Top Bottom