Another "Manager's Special" Score...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kayelle, I checked out that site you posted and did a close-up to the picture of the meat..

That first package was "$62.**" and the second "$74.**" - I couldn't read the weight but each of those pieces had better serve 4 before I pay that kind of price!
Looks like $19 or $20 / lb., which is about the going rate for prime boneless beef. If you figure 8 oz. per person, it's somewhat more than a McMeal. Sides of veggies, potatoes, etc. are cheap.

Kayelle, I checked out that site you posted and did a close-up to the picture of the meat..

That first package was "$62.**" and the second "$74.**" - I couldn't read the weight but each of those pieces had better serve 4 before I pay that kind of price!
In case you didn't notice, casey said in his first post that the original price was $21.99 a pound. He bought the steaks when the price was dropped to $8.99 a pound. His momma didn't raise no dummy. ;)

Ribeye cap

Attachments

• ribeye-cap-steak-3.jpg
    ribeye-cap-steak-3.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 130
In case you didn't notice, casey said in his first post that the original price was $21.99 a pound. He bought the steaks when the price was dropped to $8.99 a pound. His momma didn't raise no dummy. ;)

Yes, CG I did notice that casey had gotten them at a really fantastic price. It was Kayelle's pic that was NOT on special! LOL

I'm still looking for my calculator to run thru tenspeed's post. (I'm lousy at math).

So.... those pkgs must be (62/$20=) a little over 3 lbs. and (74/$20=) about 3.75 lbs. Each person get 8 oz (1/2 lb?) = 1st pkg feeds 6 people /$62= $10.** each and 2nd pkgs feeds 6.75 people /$74= $11.** each.

So yup, so last time (6 months ago) I went to Harvey's and had a Cheddar Bacon Uncle Burger "A perfectly seasoned 5 oz 100% pure beef patty – raised without the use of hormones or steroids – topped with real cheddar cheese, mouth-watering bacon from pork raised without the use of antibiotics, red onion, crisp lettuce, pickles and a tomato, served on a freshly toasted sesame seed bun." Cost me about 13 or 14 bucks. (with fries)
:LOL:

Would you tell my mom that, please? :rolleyes:

I could have gotten one nice cap steak, and had two nice ribeyes left, for a total of three meals. That's about seven bucks a meal for prime steak. I can live with that. :chef:

CD

Back
Top Bottom