"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 05-25-2011, 08:41 AM   #11
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Loin_of_Beef View Post
I made my own because I couldn't find the Kraft Chipotle mayonnaise in my regular groshree store. I did not like it, Sam I Am. Someone sent me a bottle of the Kraft product, and I fed my home made one to the disposal.

I use it as a dip for sweet potato fries. ketchup is fine for regular fires, but don't do it for the sweet potatoes.
I feel like the Kraft chipotle mayo is one of the best kept secrets in the culinary world.

The mayo + canned chipotle = one dimensional-tasting mayo.

The Kraft version just explodes in your mouth.

Old 05-25-2011, 08:44 AM   #12
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
You might try this. Instead of adding chipotle in adobo, you might try adding a quantity of dried, ground chipotle powder. I suspect that, in a commercial preparation, that would be the most likely way to achieve consistent results. Also, I wonder if (being a Kraft product) if the base of the store bought stuff is Miracle Whip as opposed to regular mayonnaise. Just some things that occurred to me after reading your post. I am certain there will be others who will have helpful suggestions. Let us know what you discover!
Well, I read the ingredients, and I think it said "canned chipotle puree," so that cancels out the powdered form. However, sugar was included, so it might be a spin on miracle whip.

That said, I absolutely hate Miracle Whip. I would never use it on anything.

Old 05-25-2011, 08:45 AM   #13
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clienta View Post
Add pureed chipotles to sour cream with a touch of salt. If you want the sauce thinner add a little cream or milk. It has great flavor. We use it as a condiment for breakfastlunch sandwiches & paninis but also great on grilled shrimp, tacos, roasted chicken, smoked pork, etc.
Thanks for the suggestion, and really, thanks to everybody for chipping in and providing their two cents.