"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 01-11-2011, 04:24 AM   #1
Assistant Cook

Any other forums you all frequent for cooking other than this?

I'm looking for a place where I can go to ask a range of questions about cooking, whether it's recommendations on what brand of tuna to go for, or where to find a good recipe for thai food that wont tell me to put ketchup in pad thai. This seems like one place, but I'd like to have more than one source. Any recommendations? I just found this by googling "cooking forums" and clicked on the first result.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:30 AM   #2
Everymom

Ravich, welcome and I'm sure you can get all your questions answered here. There are lots of places around.

I hope you will understand when I say your question took me a bit off guard. Coming to a message board and making your first post about other sites is a bit like going into a restaurant and asking, "where else can I eat?" before your food arrives! Settle in and see what DC has to offer before you run off.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:31 AM   #3
Master Chef

*nods head*....well said Alix.

Just for fun I Googled cooking forums and not only did DC come up first on the first page, I stopped looking for another at page 30.

There's no place like home.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:28 PM   #4
Head Chef

I hope you will forgive us if we are a bit protective. It's just that everyone here is so very helpful and some don't see the need to go elsewhere. But I do understand that this site is not always as active as I would like it to be so maybe that is true of you too. Hope you find what you are looking for.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:29 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I visit a couple of Danish cooking sites. But, unless you read Danish well, I wouldn't really recommend them.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:30 PM   #6
Master Chef

Exactly.

Now, if you had rephrased your question asking members here like 'what other food sites do you frequent' you may have gotten different responses.

I like outdoor cooking so I also frequent a couple of BBQ sites and also a couple of pizza making sites, including a couple of outdoor oven sites as well.
I also frequent a couple of other less traveled general food forums.

But you will do fine here as your one source stop. This is one of the largest food forums on this planet.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:38 PM   #7
Cook

Sure, even from France this forum is quite good.

Even if it's sometimes quite complicated if the visitor isn't good at Cooking.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:01 PM   #8
Flour Child

If you visit another forum
you'll have hell to pay
Attached Images

. My kitchen is for dancing. Bring me sunshine in a cup~emily dickinson. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
mollyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:06 PM   #9
Assistant Cook

No hard feelings or anything. I dont see the correlation between this and asking a restaurant about other places to get food. People eat limited numbers of meals each day and when they eat they only do so at one restaurant, and the restaurants get paid for serving food.

I'm just doing research, so wanting more than one source is understandable I feel. It's not like I'm bound to post at only one food/cooking based messageboard, right? I wasnt asking about other forums so that I could leave this place ASAP or anything, dont worry.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:20 PM   #10
Master Chef

Moll

Cleaning Pepsi spray off monitor.

Ravich, in short, stick around you'll love it here. Honest.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cooking, other