Anyone know a good chinese fried rice recipe???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made this fried rice and it was pretty good

img_872173_0_447c89870ea3dee1f447bc3c1c281b53.jpg

img_872173_1_d515db6a8416c7cf3b6babfc0413b971.jpg

img_872173_2_b3de6f91f87d7b3a162e64868e9df94a.jpg
That looks very yummy.

Reading about fried rice made me hungry for it. I made some this morning, had some of it for breakfast already. Yum. Kids and DW will have it for diner.

Reading about fried rice made me hungry for it.
It's comfort food. Suit to taste. Takes little time to cook. I can eat a huge mound of it.
Make long grain rice night before.
I've patronized more Chinese restaurants than I can possibly count. (9 out of 10 aren't worth returning to) And my baseline yardstick for them is an order of fried rice. To judge their kitchen. But also, since I can't discern the accent of a restaurant's staff, their fried rice preparation tells me whether the kitchen is Taiwanese, Mandarin, Cantonese, Thai Chinese, etc.

Chinese restaurants prepare a lot of rice each day. And, each day, there is left over, which is refrigerated. But extended refrigeration dries out the rice kernels. So, one school of preparation, notably Taiwanese, will fold a beaten egg into the rice, coating each kernel, seasoning, and then start wokking. It re-hydrates the rice, fluffs them up, and turns the rice slightly yellow colored. It's mighty tasty, but I prefer CharlieD's way with bits of scrambled egg.

However you prepare your fried rice, pleez don't add frozen Bird's Eye peas and carrots.

This picture has inspired dinner tonight. I will make fried rice, and stir fried chicken and vegies. Nomnomnom.
thank you jennifer. btw i posted the recipe for my version of sub gum chow mein if you are interested.

So, one school of preparation, notably Taiwanese, will fold a beaten egg into the rice, coating each kernel, seasoning, and then start wokking. It re-hydrates the rice, fluffs them up, and turns the rice slightly yellow colored.

Spork, I tried that tonight and I like it. I don't think that I will do it this way everytime but it is good.

Traditional/simple way is just to make scrambled eggs (dry) and set aside, fry some pieces of meat (chinese sausage is good) in the same pan. Then add white rice (cooked) and stir over high heat in the hot meat and oil. You can add carrots and peas for color. Add eggs back in, salt (for white fried) or soy sauce (for brown fried) to taste.

Back
Top Bottom