Anyone know a good chinese fried rice recipe???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishinBabe

Assistant Cook
I love the chinese fried rice they have at resturants and was wanting to know if anyone had a recipe for it????

:chef:Amanda

I have not made it in years, but if my memory serves me correctly start with pre-cooked white rice. Heat a wok with a little Crisco oil until it is hot, but not smoking. Add finely diced green onions, veggies and meat and cook to crisp tender. Quicly add rice and a very few drops of Worcestershire sauce. Stir and lift until it is evenly coated and the rice is hot. .

I also wants to learn how the chinese rice served in the reastaurant are being prepared.

i use Soy sauce not Worcestershire sauce

I don't have an exact recipe but here is how i make it.

approx 2 cupsrice that have been previous cooked ( preferably day before)
saute in oil of choice a small onion diced up,a garlic cloves chopped up,
then add a beten egg and scramble quickly. add rice soysauce to taste heat thru.

varations: Sometime i add cooked meat usely chicken or shrimp, peas, carrots that have been grated roughly or julianne.

Make long grain rice night before. Under cook slightly. Leave in the fridge over night. Next day heat the pan very hot, add a tea spoon of frying oil or more depending on how much rice you have, how big the pan is. Start frying rice add some soy sauce, you'll have figure out how much you need. Depending on your taste. Separatly make an omlete, chop into small pieces. Also fry some bean sprouts, some carrots, some mushrooms, I don't know whatever you like or used to have in your rice, different places serve it differently. Fryi hot and fast, basicaly just to worm up. Mix everything together, serve. Of course I just realise that I make vegetarian version, you can add meat of your choice of course.

I made this fried rice and it was pretty good

img_871849_0_447c89870ea3dee1f447bc3c1c281b53.jpg

img_871849_1_d515db6a8416c7cf3b6babfc0413b971.jpg

img_871849_2_b3de6f91f87d7b3a162e64868e9df94a.jpg

Cold cooked Jasmine rice
Onion - chopped fine
Fresh Garlic - chopped
Fresh Ginger - chopped fine or grated while frozen
Egg - beaten
Canola Oil
Soy sauce
Frozen mixed vegetables - optional
Scallions - chopped white and green part - optional sprinkle on after rice is cooked

mS. m WOULD YOU BE SO KIND AND POST THE RECIPE FOR CHICKEN (oops, sorry about that) and meat, please.

Back
Top Bottom