Appetizers for Thanksgiving Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It seems like I always get full with cheese and crackers by the time the main meal is served. Happens every time. But regardless of the occasion I always enjoy a glass of wine and the variety of appetizers served more than the main meal itself.

Who are these people that stuff themselves on the appetizers??? They must be amateurs at eating! My mom's side of the familiy doesn't skimp on appetizers at all, several of them at Thanksgiving. Deviled eggs, veggie tray, fruits, nuts, cheese/crackers, pinwheels, and usually some other gourmet app that my aunt wanted to try her hand at. I'm adding brie en croute to the app spread this year. Speaking for myself, I always save a lot of room for the big feast, regardless of the appetizers. This often means I get to just sample one or 2 pieces from each tray but that's how it should be. I would be heartbroken if I was too full to eat the main meal.

Who are these people that stuff themselves on the appetizers??? They must be amateurs at eating!

I often have meals or serve meals consisting of nothing but appetizers. I guess that's just a bad habit of mine. I enjoy finger foods.
When I'm invited to a nice dinner I always leave just enough room for one small serving of the main meal after piggin' out on appetizers. That's no different from going for seconds or thirds on the main course....which I seldom do, but I'm no pro...

Last edited:
Those sure look yummy. They are making me hungry. What do you put in your stuffed mushrooms? (The olive thingee looks pretty straight forward)
Thank you TL!! BTW did I say that the appys are usually our brunch on turkey day. Because I have the kitchen occupied prepping dinner. I will work up a recipe.

Back
Top Bottom