Are There Any Recipes You've Lost or Would Like to Have???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There was a cheese broccoli soup, I think it was a weight watcher's recipe. It had dry milk, chicken broth or bouillon or something, velveeta cheese, and garlic powder in it.

Can anyone help me find it?

i lost a recipie that was passed down from generation from generation in asia its called dragon wings - direct chiense translation. its made from chicken drumsticks and somehow the chicken drumsticks are shaped into wings

Cinnamon Rolls

Just plain old fashioned cinnamon rolls. I have seen a million recipes that are for big, fancy, covered-in-goo cinnamon rolls, but haven't found THE one I'm looking for. It was one of the first things I learned to bake back in high school home economics class. It was a roll-up type thing and then sliced and baked. Of course you could always improvise with the filling, but I can't get the dough right. It's either too pie-like or to fluffy. *sigh*

Was it a yeast based dough? I have two recipes...one for the traditional yeast dough cinnamon buns. The other is for baking powder biscuit cinnamon buns. Let me know if you would like me to post either.

Alix, It would be so very ultra cool of you to post your biscuit one! I would love to try it. Thanks!

I think Goya makes this canned Octopus that is really great with scrambled eggs and onions--It's the Octopus in Garlic Oil, and all you do is drain the oil(not much in any event) into the frying pan, and sautee up some chopped onions until soft, add the octopus (which is all chopped and cooked) to warm it, then add beaten eggs and cook until scrambled. Serve with Toast and a salad for brunch or lunch--it's actually very good and not a bit yucky!

I am a gourmet cook, but alas after this thread I guess I am NOT a gourmet eater!! Yikes I cannot even imagine eating anything rubbery or having long dangling things reaching out! Sorry, but Octopus or Squid and any purple ink :shock: find my gramma tummy doing flip flops. Thanks for the laughs. Now will the true gourmets please stand up! 8)

one more hug for the road, meekasu

There is a little local eatery that makes a cake with a bavarian cream frosting.....my friend just loves this cake. Do you have any cake recipes with this type of frosting?

Thanks
SizzlininIN

I would like a good New England Clam Chowder recipe... the ones I have seen on the internet.. or in some of my cookbooks.. just don't cut it.. I had some once that had bacon in it.. it was awesome!.. it's weird.. because I don't like clams.. but I love clam chowder.. and the manhattan variety.

Spaghetti Sauce With Meatballs Like Old Spaghetti Factory's

Makes 1 gallon

MEATBALLS

11/4 pounds lean ground beef
1 egg
1/4 cup Italian-seasoned dry bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper

SAUCE

3/4 pound hot Italian sausage, thickly sliced
5 (14.5-ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, with their juice
1 (15-ounce) can tomato puree
1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
1/2 pound mushrooms, wiped clean and chopped
2 large ribs celery, chopped
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
11/2 teaspoons Italian herb seasoning
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

For the meatballs: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a 15-1/2-by-10-1/2-inch jelly-roll pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.

Using hands, mix all meatball ingredients thoroughly. Shape into 1-inch balls, arrange on pan, and bake until uniformly brown, 12 to 15 minutes.

For the sauce: Brown the sausages in a large heavy kettle over moderately high heat until most of the drippings cook out – 8 to 10 minutes; pour off drippings. Reduce heat to moderate, add the meatballs and all remaining sauce ingredients, and bring to a boil. Adjust the heat so the mixture bubbles gently, cover, and simmer very slowly 3 hours, stirring as needed to prevent sticking.

Cool mixture, ladle into freezer containers, date, label, and store in freezer.

-taken from signonsandiego.com

My mom used to make a bbq beef. I think she picked it up when she was living in Oklahoma around 1950. She would roast a 7-bone chuck roast and make the sauce on top of the stove. Then she would pull apart the beef and put it in the sauce. It had a ketchup base and also had onions and vinegar in it. I cannot find this recipe anywhere. Help! I've been looking for this for 10 years now. Donna

this is for the crockpot, but it sounds pretty close...

Crockpot Shredded BBQ Beef

4 pounds beef chuck roast
1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 large onions, chopped
1 cup ketchup
1 cup beef broth
2/3 cup chili sauce
1/4 cup vinegar (cider vinegar works best)
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons prepared mustard
2 tablespoons molasses
2 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon pepper

Place roast in slow cooker with 1 tablespoon oil cook on low heat. Sauté onions in remaining oil until tender. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour over roast and cook on low heat for 8 hours or on high heat for 4 hours. Remove roast, shred with fork and return to sauce. Serve on rolls.

Good Luck!

Thank you wasabi woman. This sounds like it would be very close. I have a few roasts in the freezer. I think I'll try it this week. Thanks again. Donna

Halvah, the confection that contains mostly crushed sesame and sugar and has a flakey texture. It is usually made by Jews. Anyone know the recipe?

Baked Halvah:

5 eggs
1 cup butter, melted
2 cup sugar
1/2 cup cream of wheat
1 tsp baking powder

Beat eggs lightly. Add sugar, beating continuously. Add butter, cream of wheat and baking powder. Put in 12x8 pan. Bake 40 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool for 15 minutes.

Syrup: Cook 2 cups milk and 1/2 cup sugar on stove for 5 minutes over medium heat. Pour slowly over pastry until all is absorbed. Cut in diamond shapes.

Tahini Halvah (candy)

1 cup sesame tahini
1/4 cup honey
1 cup powdered milk - dry
1 tsp vanilla
Pecan meal

Cream until smooth tahini and honey. Add soymilk powder and vanilla. Stir well. Should be stiff. Sprinkle pecan meal in bottom of 8 inch square pan. Press candy mixture into pan. Sprinkle top with pecan meal. Refrigerate, cut into squares.

for juliev - here's mine!

clam_chowder.gif

Hope you like it!

Back
Top Bottom