As your cooking skills improved did you change your dining-out pattern?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well yeah, my patterned did change. It is as if when cooking in a certain way and learn that food should be cooked with certain spices, with passion and in a certain method; may times one looks the same or better when going out dinning.

There are times in which certain places look sketchy or as "eeww no way" it may contain one of the most memorable eating experiences ever. Now, growing as a cook, one will stop going to well known food chain restaurants and begin dinning in restaurants which are small and local, a hole in the wall, or new trending restaurants.

It used to be about big meals at chelap prices very close to home, comparing same dishes among different locations. As a better cook I now look for new places with a different menu, better dinning environment, fresh ingredients and with great reviews. Many times it may be costly but well worth. Other times it can be cheap and very good.
Thanks to such change, I use it to my advantage at home when I cook, becoming a better cook.

Well yeah, my patterned did change. It is as if when cooking in a certain way and learn that food should be cooked with certain spices, with passion and in a certain method; may times one looks the same or better when going out dinning.

there are times in which certain places look sketchy or as "eeww no way" it may contain one of the most memorable eating experiences ever. Now, growing as a cook, one will stop going to well known food chain restaurants and begin dinning in restaurants which are small and local, a hole in the wall, or new trending restaurants.

It used to be about big meals at chelap prices very close to home, comparing same dishes among different locations. As a better cook I now look for new places with a different menu, better dinning environment, fresh ingredients and with great reviews. Many times it may be costly but well worth. Other times it can be cheap and very good.
Thanks to such change, I use it to my advantage at home when I cook, becoming a better cook.

well said, j-r.

i've been to ridiculously expensive places and dressed accordingly, and holes in the wall with dirty knees and (banged out) cleats. both have something to offer, but to me, it's about the food. ambience and pretention is way down the list.

and the best part is the good company, satiated palates and bellies, and something in mind to bring home to try to replicate, or at least improve your home cooking.

Last edited:
It's really interesting reading this thread because I am just starting off my learning and one of the things I believe it will do is cut out the takeaways and eating out. That's obviously when I get to a stage where I am confident in the kitchen, some way off right now.

Back
Top Bottom