Avocado ice cream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
Okay--since I couldn't sleep (the coyotes were howling), I decided that I'd make avocado ice cream (5:30 a.m.--why not?). Here's the recipe I used as my base:

Coconut-Avocado Ice Cream Recipe - Allrecipes.com

I substituted 1/2 c heavy cream for some of the milk (I used 2%). I had 4 avocados--past their "best buy date" (3 were good, one wasn't). The three weighed 8 oz. I used 2 T of maple syrup and took 3 T out of the sugar and used fresh lime juice and the zest of one lime instead of the lemon. I also added 2 oz of chopped cashews and added 1/4 tsp of chipolte chili powder. Put everything in the blender, and then in the ice cream maker. Don't know if there will be any left by the time the DH gets here at noon...very smooth--just enough sweet...nice. I'll make this again <g>. I'm thinking of serving it with grated bittersweet chocolate and some fresh cilantro...and a dab of whipped cream or greek yogurt...

Last edited:
I can't believe you posted this...you read my mind. I was just on a vacation to Southern California and searched everywhere for avocado ice cream but to no avail.... There is a place in San Francisco but I didn't want it badly enough to walk that far ;). Thank you for posting the recipe! I never thought to google a recipe because I don't have an ice-maker but the recipe also gives instructions for how to make it without one...cool

What is coconut cream? Can you find it in a regular grocery store?

I used "A Taste of Thai" Coconut Milk--that's why I subbed out some of the milk for cream. This recipe actually is more like galato than ice cream...maybe I didn't let it get enough "air" in it...it was VERY tasty.

Back
Top Bottom