Avocado Powder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi avoavoavocado and welcome to DC.

From one Californian to another, I can't imagine using avocado powder when we get such beautiful fresh ones here. You are in San Diego, right? Mexico has wonderful avocados.

Hi avoavoavocado and welcome to DC.

From one Californian to another, I can't imagine using avocado powder when we get such beautiful fresh ones here. You are in San Diego, right? Mexico has wonderful avocados.

True that Cheryl, and this Heritage Valley here grows an abundance of Hass avocado's along with lemons and oranges for export.
I'm really puzzled over the idea of avocado powder. Why?

That spice company that someone posted they other day, has it. If you click on it, it will tell or suggest to you what you would use it for. I saw it under powders. :angel:

Ah-ha! So that's what's probably in those packets of Guacamole mix.

Going not too far off topic, I saw a cooking show where they had some kind of dextrose powder. Odorless, flavorless, safe.
Any product containing mostly fat, it would get absorbed by the Dextrose and become a powder. I thought that was kinda cool.
I forget how they used it. I bet you that stuff is used a lot in today's packaged meals.

Last edited:

Going not too far off topic, I saw a cooking show where they had some kind of dextrose powder. Odorless, flavorless, safe.
Any product containing mostly fat, it would get absorbed by the Dextrose and become a powder. I thought that was kinda cool.
I forget how they used it. I bet you that stuff is used a lot in today's packaged meals.

I think you're on it Caslon. I once made the mistake of buying Supermarket Guacamole in a tub and it was enough to make anyone gag.:sick:

Unfortunate when I am reading the back label for ingredients, if it ends in 'ose' I pass it by. You can be pretty sure it is derived from some form of sugar by-product. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom