Avocado with egg?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flowersa

Assistant Cook
Hi I tried to make avocado with egg and oil on the pan it came out very bitter what did I do wrong? (Sorry for my english)

I wouldn't cook the avocado in the egg. Avocado goes on the egg once it comes out of the pan. Season avocado with a bit of salt and pepper and you're good, it shouldn't need anything else.

Hi I mean that I put the whole egg into the avocado (In a pan) is it still not a good thing to do?

I wouldn't cook the avocado in the egg. Avocado goes on the egg once it comes out of the pan. Season avocado with a bit of salt and pepper and you're good, it shouldn't need anything else.

There seems to be a great deal of divergent opinions on cooking avocados.
Seein' as how I have never tried to cook avocados.....I am gonna be forced to give it a try. I have seen several websites that show various methods, some with the peel left on, some without the peel. I am wondering if the peeling contributes the bitter quality.
At any rate, I am off the grocery to fetch some avocados. I will let y'all know the results.

When my tortilla soup is served, I scatter cubes of avocado on each serving, but they don't cook, just get warm from the soup.

Hi Hoot I tried to cook it without the peel its taste was bitter (I'm not sure leaving it with the peel can be coocked well) lets us know how it came when you try it

Hi Fiona yes I think that when you add the avo as it is all goes fine :yum:
I love to add to a mashed avo hard-egg with some salt and black pepper that comes out very good but really wondered if there can be a good cooked version too

When my tortilla soup is served, I scatter cubes of avocado on each serving, but they don't cook, just get warm from the soup.

Hi Carol I think that I give up on trying to fry it and will give a try to put it in the oven do you have a recommendation for a good recipe?

Hi Carol I think that I give up on trying to fry it and will give a try to put it in the oven do you have a recommendation for a good recipe?

I have never made this so I don't have a recipe, but if you google "cook an egg inside an avacado" you will get a long list of them. Pick which one sounds best to you.

Ok...I gotta say my egg in an avocado was pretty darned good. The video calls for what I consider to a very long cooking time. 2 minutes on one side and five minutes on the other? Seven minutes total is, IMHO, way too long to cook a fried egg, unless I don't understand the term medium-high heat. I cooked the egg about 3 minutes total. Minute and a half on one side, minute and a half on the other. Egg was just past over light, still soft in the middle but not runny.
The avocado with the egg was mighty tasty. Matter of fact, I am gonna go cook another right now.

I trust your judgement, Hoot, and the next time I have avacados I'm going to try this, because I also love eggs.

My mouth could not detect any bitterness at all in the avocado. I hesitate to over cook anything but I suspect over cooking of the avocado might be where the bitterness comes from. I reckon I should cook the avocado longer to see if, in fact, it does become bitter.
I will let y'all know in a few minutes.

OK....I cooked a slice of avocado to what I perceived to be a similar level of doneness shown in the video. No bitterness, just a nice round flavor.
Note: This photo was taken with my cell phone...I gotta get me a real camera one of these days.
16629-albums905-picture5668.jpg

It looks good Hoot I see that you fried it with the peel on it so it might had took some time to fry it? I fried it free-peel so now we know that was a bad idea what spices did you add?

OK....I cooked a slice of avocado to what I perceived to be a similar level of doneness shown in the video. No bitterness, just a nice round flavor.
Note: This photo was taken with my cell phone...I gotta get me a real camera one of these days.
16629-albums905-picture5668.jpg

Back
Top Bottom