Bacon wrapped smokies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Abbie

Assistant Cook
I want to serve bacon wrapped smokies for our post wedding brunch. My problem is time constraints. I do not have time to prepare these fresh. My first question is...can I wrap the smokies 4 to 5 days in advance? Can they be frozen once wrapped? Is there a recipe for the crockpot in which I could put the smokies, chopped bacon and brown sugar? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Howdy!
Welcome to D.C.!
Yes, you can freeze them after wrapping. I would freeze them on a tray and then put them in a ziplock bag or other container. These can be baked in the oven or they can be cooked in the crock pot for 4-5 hours. The bacon will get a nice crisp in the oven that might be tricky to achieve in the CP. Good luck! and congratulations on the wedding!

And don't forget when you bake them to use tin foil under them and brown sugar on top of them. So good. ;)

I made a huge tray of these little gems tonight. When they are frozen, I will transfer them to a zip lock bag as suggested. I appreciate the tip about using tin foil as I hadn't thought of that. I'm not sure of the baking time in the oven, but I can research and learn! Thanks everyone for your expert input!

The tin foil is necessary if you use brown sugar on them. Otherwise the pan is impossible to clean. One of my pans ended up in the garbage after making those little bacon wrapped smokies.

Back
Top Bottom