Baked bean help needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bourbon

Senior Cook
A while back we bought a West Bend crock pot that came with a recipe book. It had a baked bean recipe that was awesome and now we can't find the recipe book anymore :(

If anyone has one could you post the recipe, or even if you have a favorite baked bean recipe we could try.

Thanks

Did you try the search function? I typed in "baked beans" and came up with quite a few... depending on your tastes, there are several good recipes listed with variations in ingredients.

Thanks. I found quite a few, now to find something similar to what we had in the past.

How about you tell us what basic type of bean recipe it was and we will try to help you put it together?

Tomato based? Molasses based?

Start with canned beans or dried?

Bacon or ham in it?

It was a dry navy pea bean recipe, I know it had molasses, onion, salt pork, and probably ground mustard if I remember right. I remember having to soak the beans for hours, but that's about all I remember.

A while back we bought a West Bend crock pot that came with a recipe book. It had a baked bean recipe that was awesome and now we can't find the recipe book anymore :(

If anyone has one could you post the recipe, or even if you have a favorite baked bean recipe we could try.

Thanks

Bake beans ... yummy

Thanks

I have a baked bean recipe that is very yummy but it is cooked in the oven. You may be able to convert the oven time to crock-pot time. Let me know if you try it-curious how it would turn out!

Okay - Since you asked instead of letting it pass :)

They can't cry.

I know, pretty lame. but BBs are for eating. Not feeling sorry for :)

Bob

Back
Top Bottom