Baked Oatmeal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nes

Assistant Cook
I found a really great recipe for baked oatmeal in my local paper & I'm really excited to try it out! I'd like to use it as a substitute for instant oatmeal (quakers), and am wondering:

How/Can I include fruit (dried fruit?) into the oatmeal?

Thanks!!
:chef:

I've not heard the term baked oatmeal, could you post the recipe so we can better understand what you need?

Baked oat meal?

I have a family member that just had an angioplasty "some kind of heart procedure"And the doctors gave him his special diet that included baked oat meal.He thought it was like a cookie.I have never heard of it and mabey they were'nt real clear to him what it was or mabey I just missunderstood him.I agree a recipe would be great.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the recipe or not since it was published in the paper (copyright restrictions?); but it's very similar to the AllRecipe recipe.

The article also says that it's like eating oatmeal cookies :). Sound so yummy!!

The AllRecipe says just to add dried fruit before baking. I guess I have some experimenting to do!
:chef:

Oh man do I need to do this!! I love oatmeal in all forms. I will of course try to sub splenda for half the sugar. but it still sounds excellent anyway!!!

Back
Top Bottom