BBQ chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ok, so if i put a chicken or pieces of chicken in my vertical gas fired smoker over apple and hickory chips at 225 for 4 to 6 hours, then slather them in bbq sauce, pop 'em on the grill to cook in the sauce and crisp/char the skin, is it not bbq?

That would be delicious no matter what you call it.
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Delicious, yes. And I guess that would be grilled barbecued chicken. ;)

By the way, I did that in a similar way with country style ribs on Sunday, only I haven't yet replaced my grill since moving back to the US, so I had to braise them in the oven, then crisp up the sauce under the broiler.

And no, I don't call that BBQ, even though my wife and father-in-law did. Whatever it was, it was good. :chef:

Last edited:
ok, so if i put a chicken or pieces of chicken in my vertical gas fired smoker over apple and hickory chips at 225 for 4 to 6 hours, then slather them in bbq sauce, pop 'em on the grill to cook in the sauce and crisp/char the skin, is it not bbq?

4 to 6 hours!:ohmy: That would make dry chicken, wouldn't it? Now a 20 lb. turkey, or a rack of ribs, that's be a great way to cook those, or even a corned beef brisket or round. But pieces of chicken? Though, since I've never done chicken low and slow, I'm not sure that it wouldn't come out great.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom