Beef/Chicken Base

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I've been using Better Than Bouillon beef and chicken bases. Some time ago I noticed Costco has a different brand of these items. I think they're Orrington Farms.

Do any of you have experience with this brand? How does it compare to BTB?

Or should I get these items from Penzys?

I used to use Minor's (from BJ's) but now I strictly use BtB

BtB has a much deeper taste and seems less overtly salty

Penzey's I didn't like at all, although I only tried the chicken. It was SWEET!

Craig got several different flavors of BTB at Restaurant Depot a while back, among them chicken. I just have to ask. Doesn't it taste like Campbell's chicken noodle soup to you guys? I'm not too fond of it because of that. Don't get me wrong, when I don't feel good, I'll go for the CCN, but otherwise, just no and I don't want my dishes tasting like that.

I get the low sodium BTB at Costco. When they have it. The last time I found it there, the only low sodium they had was the roasted chicken flavor, not the regular flavor. I use it in lots of stuff. BTB is also my preference, I don't find that it tastes like Campbell's.

I've had the Orrington Farms brand of other stuff, not the bouillon, but their other products have been really good. So I would think their bouillon would be decent.

Last edited:
I've thought about trying Orrington Farms, my store carries both, but I've enjoyed BTB so much that I usually stick with that. I hope that this isn't a permanent change for Costco, they had an awesome price on BTB.

Back
Top Bottom