Beef/Pork Hash

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flukx

Senior Cook
Anyone here make beef/pork hash? I would like to give it a shot, but I am not sure about quantities. Any recipes out there? I would like to make enough so I have plenty of leftovers to freeze.

Also, since I dont have access to frozen hash browns, I will have to grate some potatoes, but not sure how many. Also, do you precook the grated potatoes?

Thanks in advance!

ive had this recipe but have never tried it...hope it helps

Make this hash with leftover roast beef or corned beef

• 3 cups cooked beef, coarsely chopped (use leftover pot roast, oven roast, corned beef, etc.)
  • 2 large baking potatoes, peeled and diced
  • 2 medium onions, chopped
  • 1 green bell pepper, chopped
  • 2 ribs celery, finely chopped
  • 1 teaspoon dry mustard
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
  • 1 1/2 cups beef broth*
*If you have a cup or so of leftover gravy, use gravy with water or broth to make 1 1/2 cups.
Combine all ingredients and pack into a well-greased shallow baking pan. Cover with foil and bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Uncover and brown under broiler.
Serves 6.

Yeah I saw that as well, but its not really what I am looking for. I am looking for a larger quantity recipe (perhaps double or triple these ingredients?) and also something that freezes well. This I cant imagine freezes that great.

I had a friend who used to make this with frozen, shredded potatoes. And he would freeze it and then thaw and fry it to eat. Not sure how to do something similar with grated taters and get a similar result. Boil the shredded taters for a few minutes first?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom