Beer as an ingredient in a recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
just an fyi, a mix of beer and lemonade, citrus soda, or ginger ale is called a shandy, or shandygaff.

it's a common drink of bartenders, or those looking for "hair of the dog" after a night of heavy drinking.

I love a good beer cheese soup. I know, very 70's...

Hey sounds good to me besides the 70's are back in some ways. Scary...

I used beer the other day with my stew meat. I cubed some beef that would ordinarily be tough and after browning and sauteing with a little flour I added to slow cooker with half a bottle beer. Added a little water, garlic salt and herbs and dinner was on the way and I was out the door. :cool:

And I obtained a tantilizing beer dip recipe...

Wow! I'm amazed that all the recipes shared here called simply for "beer." Beer is easily as complex and diverse as wine, using different styles of beer in the same recipe could easily make or break it. I've made many of the recipes that you'll find following this link, but please be sure to pay attention to the specific style of beer called for.

Homebrew Chef: Home

big fan of beer chicken:

Step 1: Prep the Chicken

Frying chicken work well. Chop loose skin from buttock area. Wash with cold water and pat dry.
Step 2: Rub the Chicken

Combine the following into a dry rub:

• ¼ cup brown sugar (packed firmly)
  • 2 tbsp. smoked paprika
  • 2 tbsp. black pepper (fresh cracked preferred)
  • 2 tbsp. coarse kosher salt
  • 2 tsp. garlic powder
  • 2 tsp. onion powder
  • 2 tsp. celery seeds
  • 2 tsp cayenne pepper
Rub the chicken well with the rub. Leave a tbsp. or two. Drink half of one beer, hoppy beers work well. Over a sink, mix the rest of the rub in the half drank can, it will foam a little. Stick the can up the chicken. The legs should help tripod with the can for support.
Step 3: Grill the Chicken

Set on indirect heat on your grill. I use a charcoal and spread the coals on the sides with the chicken over nothing. If using gas, turn on opposite burners from the side with the chicken. Let cook at approximately 300˚F for about 1 hour and 30 min. Check for internal temperature of 170˚F. Remove beer before consuming.

Brats in beer. Braise a sliced onion in beer until done. Remove onions for now. Braise bratwust links in juices, browning all sides. Put onions back in pan to warm back up. Put brat and onions in toasted hoagie roll with a little mustard. Excellent!

Save those juices; use this liquid for a sauce the next day adding it to flour & butter. The sauce was awesome.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom