Beer as an ingredient in a recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CookLikeJulia

Senior Cook
Me and my hubby went out last night with some friends and I ordered a Mac and Cheese pasta with beer-infused cream...and I love it. To be honest that's the first time that I have tried a pasta with beer in it. It tasted soo good I couldn't get it off my head. And I would like to know if you have some recipes, good recipes there that use beer as one of the ingredients? I am very interested. :)

Then there's always Beer Butt Chicken........my all time favorite way to cook a whole chicky...

Beer Butt Chicken Recipe | Beer Can Chicken | Drunken Chicken Oven | Beer Can Chicken Rack

Something I do a little different from the enclosed recipe, is I pour about half the can of beer into the pan, and add 4-5 cloves of smashed garlic cloves to the beer in the can, that goes over the chicken. Cut a lemon in half, and cut side down, place it over the top hole where the neck was. Pull the flap of neck skin over the lemon half and secure with tooth picks. Throw pieces of the remaining lemon half into the bottom of the pan, and proceed with instructions.
The next day, the chicken carcass, with the remaining juices, and reserved "garlic beer" in the can, is the start for an outstanding chicken soup!!

Last edited:
beer batter for fried foods
beer can chicken
beer as an ingredient in chili (works very well...don't use water, add a can of beer!)
a famous Belgian Beef onion and beer stew, Carbonade a la Flamande, is delish!
add beer to a crab or shrimp boil
steam bratwurst (or hot dogs for that matter) in beer before grilling them
Welsh Rarebit (cheese and beer sauce)

I add a beer to the crock pot with beef or pork roast...guess that makes it a braising liquid.
I've never made it, but there's a beer bread recipe here somewhere that everyone bragged on.

CUBAN ROPA VIEJA

Ingredients

6 pounds of flank steak
3/4 cup Delicioso Adobo seasoning, recipe follows
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
6 bottles beer
1/2 cup canola oil
2 medium yellow onions, chopped
2 red bell peppers, cored, seeded, ribbed and chopped
2 green bell peppers, cored, seeded, ribbed and chopped
6 scallions, white and light green parts only, chopped
1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Directions

Cut the flank steak into large pieces and place them in a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine the adobo and the Worcestershire sauce to make a paste. Rub the paste into the meat, add the beer, and let marinate for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
Transfer the meat, as well as the marinade to a large pot and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer until the meat is tender, about 3 hours.
Remove the meat from the pot and reserve the cooking liquid. Using 2 forks, shred the meat and set it aside.
Heat the oil in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions, peppers, scallions, and tomatoes and cook until they are soft, 10 minutes. Add the tomato paste and meat to the pan along with 2 cups of the reserved cooking liquid. Cover and simmer until the juices cook down, about 15 minutes.

Delicioso Adobo:

2 tablespoons garlic powder
2 tablespoons onion powder
2 tablespoons dried oregano
2 tablespoons lemon pepper
2 tablespoons parsley flakes
2 tablespoons achoite powder from annatto seed
1 tablespoon cumin powder

Combine all ingredients.

*I like to serve this with black beans, yellow rice, and plantains...so good :D

Oh nice! I haven't tried using beer as an ingredient in a recipe! :D I will definitely try those recipes. :)

i made the beer bread long ago. i did not like it. just not worth wasting a beer for.

I agree with you Babe........that beer bread was all the rage about 20 yrs ago if I remember correctly....never did a thing for me either. Something about the texture and flavor being "off".

Oh, how funny. I just got an email with beer as an ingredient to grill chicken, and I toyed with the idea of just buying 1 at a convenience store, rather than a whole six pack. Good thing I got the 6 ...

Oh my goodness...I just got finished watching Melissa D'arabian (winner of the chef competition) doing her first(?) Food Network show called Ten Dollar Dinners. She did a good job but...okay, she made lemonade from concentrate (using a little less water) and poured about a half cup of beer on the top....(gross)....she said you want to do it just before guests arrive so there's foam on the top. Does this sound good to anyone? I'm not a beer lover so maybe that's why I was like :sick:

I love a good beer cheese soup. I know, very 70's...
(kids in college drink a combo of limeade and beer, so it's been reported)

Oh my goodness...I just got finished watching Melissa D'arabian (winner of the chef competition) doing her first(?) Food Network show called Ten Dollar Dinners. She did a good job but...okay, she made lemonade from concentrate (using a little less water) and poured about a half cup of beer on the top....(gross)....she said you want to do it just before guests arrive so there's foam on the top. Does this sound good to anyone? I'm not a beer lover so maybe that's why I was like :sick:
Well let's put it this way, I'm not a lemonade lover just give me the beer:LOL: I recently found an ale a bron beer I just love. I leaves a nice softly sweet after taste in the mouth. Goes great with salty things and also cheese.
And I'm not a drinker.
kades

i don't think it was her first show, i have seen her a couple of times. never in prime time. i don't think she is doing very well. the format they gave her stinks, in my opinion. she seems to know what she is doing but doesn't act like she is having much fun doing it. i saw the beer thing too, and i too went:sick::sick:

Back
Top Bottom