Best deal on a good pan!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mcc1961

Assistant Cook
I was wanting to know some sites where I can get a good deal on a stainless steel 10 or 12 inch fry pan?I have found a Martha Stewart Collection Fry Pan, Cooking Elements Deep Dish 12" for $40.Is this a good deal for the money,it was almost $70 and is on sale.

This would be a fine pan if you use an electric stove. With a gas stove, you run the risk of the gas flame's reaching beyond the edges of the encapsulated bottom and heating the single ply SS directly. That would cause scorching of the food in the pan.

This also may not be an issue, just something to be aware of. It depends on the size of the encapsulated bottom and the diameter of the flame on high.

The first pan, the skillet would be better as it has a long handle. The everyday pan might be harder to handle on the stovetop.

I read a few reviews and they said heat on the handles is really not an issue unless you leave it on the eye for a pretty long time.

I read a few reviews and they said heat on the handles is really not an issue unless you leave it on the eye for a pretty long time.

That's one of the issues. I'm not sure the small handles would really stay cool. You cook over fairly high heat in a pan like that and the handles are very close to the heat.

The other is that some folks like to flip the food in the pan and the long handle makes that possible.

I have the Cuisinart 12" everday pan and I love it. I got it from Macy's ... on sale for $38 and had a coupon for an additional 20% off. I have gas cooking and have never had a problem with scorching or the handles getting too hot ... but then again, I don't cook over screaming hight heat.

Good luck with your search.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom