Best Oatmeal Recipes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hisforeverplus

Assistant Cook
I always have to have my oatmeal in the morning, but I'm getting bored of preparing it the same way.

I do prefer to use skim milk as I never liked the way it comes out with water, and then I throw in some natural chunky peanut butter, almonds and about a teaspoon of brown sugar.

Do you guys have any amazing oatmeal recipes that you can share?

I do make chocolate oatmeal, apple cinnamon oatmeal, Jungle oatmeal and raisin oatmeal and many more. We call that porridge in Sweden we have a ton of recipe for that, not always oatmeal but really yummy anyway. My oatmeal takes 5 minutes to cook.

Chocolate oatmeal:

100 ml oatmeal ( I use rolled oats)
1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon of sugar
1 pinch salt
1 pinch vanilla.
200 ml milk.

Mix, boil as you do. I know the recipe on the amount as I do for my kid.

Appleporridge.
1 small apple, peeled, cored and diced
100 ml oatmeal
200 water ( milk, will curdle)
1 teaspoon sugar
a pinch salt
a pinch cinnamon

Boil water and apple for 5 min, add oats, sugar, cinnamon and salt and cook until done, serve with milk.

Jungle :
100 ml oatmeal
200 ml orange juice
½ half small banana diced.
1 pinch salt
1 pinch vanilla.

Mix everything but the banana, boil as you do, then add banana. Stir in and eat.
Oh you can add pineapple on top or any other fruit you may have.

Hello HFP, welcome to DC!

I’m not any kind of expert on oatmeal, because I never met a bowl I liked. I do like oatmeal cookies, though. Perhaps you could switch up your daily routine by having oatmeal and dried fruit bars?

I’ve also seen quite a few recipes for cold oatmeal that you make and put in the fridge the night before. This recipe from Food Network seems to be fairly typical. And I’ll bet you can find some easy and delicious recipes for oatmeal pancakes or waffles. Or try getting your daily oatmeal fix from a couple of slices of oatmeal bread or muffins.

I’m sure the other members here will have plenty ideas for you. Good luck!

I usually just add some jam or maple syrup to the oatmeal. I'll have to try the peanut butter.

Porridge from Pajala 4- 6 servings
50 ml raisins
50 ml chopped prunes
50 ml dried chopped apricots
½ teaspoon salt
700 ml water
100 ml of oatbran
200 ml of rolled oats

Add fruit and water into a bowl and leave overnight in the fridge, in the morning , add the fruit, bran and oats to pot and cook while stirring for 5- 7 minutes until thicken. Serve with milk. Left over porridge holds for one week in the fridge, if covered and can be reheated in the microwave.

Although Im not a big oatmeal fan, my wife is.
For her birthday I took her to a restaurant that exclusively serves many different varieties of oatmeal.

Although I dont have the recipes, Im providing a link to there menu. They do give a general breakdown of each oatmeal dish they serve. Browse through them, it may give you some ideas or inspirations of new ways to prepare you oatmeal.

Menu — Oatmeals

I do make chocolate oatmeal.....,
Chocolate oatmeal:

100 ml oatmeal ( I use rolled oats)
1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon of sugar
1 pinch salt
1 pinch vanilla.
200 ml milk.

Mix, boil as you do. I know the recipe on the amount as I do for my kid.

What a GREAT idea! Chocolate oatmeal - I had never even consider this before but it makes compete sense. I can already imagine this with sliced bananas and walnuts on top. Oh yum. I am eagerly anticipating breakfast tomorrow :chef:

My daughter loves it, you might want more cocoa, but she is happy like this.

Back
Top Bottom