"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 08-25-2007, 01:37 AM   #1
Assistant Cook

Best online source for meal recipes?

I've done a lot of sifting regarding this topic but it hasn't resolved much. I've tried more prominent places like foodnetwork and epicurious but I feel that a lot of what they offer is a little bit too high-end in terms of prices of ingredients or skill level. I've also tried more obscure sites but I feel that most of the recipes among those types of pages are a little bit too dull and lackluster.

So yes, I come here appealing to you founded and based foodies regarding where I should go to find some quality recipes that aren't too high-end w/in any regard. BTW, I'm sorry if I'm coming off a little bit too picky and demanding, but I'm a bit new to this scene as I've mentioned before (albeit awhile back ) and I'd appreciate the accommodation. Thanks in advance!

Old 08-25-2007, 05:15 AM   #2
Head Chef

Darth,

One source could be everydaycooking.comcom They are mostly 5 ingredient recipes and are not usually using high end ingredients. Also, try goodhousekeeping.com. Hope this helps.

Old 08-25-2007, 07:21 AM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

DarthSubterfuge.....

What came to mind was the term, commonly attributed to Archimedes, "EUREKA" (I have found it) Welcome to Discuss Cooking where you will find what you are looking for either by using the search feature, or posing questions, that will not go unanswered. You need not look any further as "You have found it"

Have Fun & Enjoy!

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 08:03 AM   #4
Head Chef

Ditto Uncle Bob. All the answers are in here. In my experience I just ask a question and come back in a few and have answers. Easy than searching for recipes that may or may not be good. In DC you have folks that have tried them or invented them.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:12 AM   #5
Assistant Cook

I appreciate the hospitality. I guess I just felt a little awkward doing so to be honest as I feel like to some extent I don't even belong here ha ha. Albeit, I have seen a good deal of somewhat novice level questions but I just sort of feel it's not my style. But I'll try to break that mindset I have, and if I do have some other questions I'll try to come forward with those. Thanks again.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:25 AM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
I don't really think only one source can be cited. What exactly isn't your style and why don't you think you belong here?

I think you'll find someone here can answer any question you throw out - novice right up to the top.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 06:37 AM   #7
Head Chef

I am usually the one asking questions but hope to someday be answering them! When I first "lurked" around I thought this was a forum for chef's. Everyone's title had senior cook, assistant cook. I thought they were their professions.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:26 AM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSubterfuge
I appreciate the hospitality. I guess I just felt a little awkward doing so to be honest as I feel like to some extent I don't even belong here.
DS you ask any question you want, and if any body "messes" with ya, I'll send many braves with many arrows to your defense. If that don't work then Miss Kitchenelf will send them to Miss Marge's wood shed! So Welcome again, and bring on the questions. Join In.....

Have Fun & Enjoy!!

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 11:18 AM   #9
Certified Pretend Chef

In addition to the expertise that visits this site every day, we have a Cooking Links menu on the blue bar near the top of the page where members have listed their favorite recipe sites.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:31 AM   #10
Senior Cook

You can always try recipes.com.