Best online source for meal recipes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DarthSubterfuge

Assistant Cook
I've done a lot of sifting regarding this topic but it hasn't resolved much. I've tried more prominent places like foodnetwork and epicurious but I feel that a lot of what they offer is a little bit too high-end in terms of prices of ingredients or skill level. I've also tried more obscure sites but I feel that most of the recipes among those types of pages are a little bit too dull and lackluster.

So yes, I come here appealing to you founded and based foodies regarding where I should go to find some quality recipes that aren't too high-end w/in any regard. BTW, I'm sorry if I'm coming off a little bit too picky and demanding, but I'm a bit new to this scene as I've mentioned before (albeit awhile back ;)) and I'd appreciate the accommodation. Thanks in advance! :)

Darth,

One source could be everydaycooking.comcom They are mostly 5 ingredient recipes and are not usually using high end ingredients. Also, try goodhousekeeping.com. Hope this helps.

DarthSubterfuge.....

What came to mind was the term, commonly attributed to Archimedes, "EUREKA" (I have found it) Welcome to Discuss Cooking where you will find what you are looking for either by using the search feature, or posing questions, that will not go unanswered. You need not look any further as "You have found it"

Have Fun & Enjoy!

Ditto Uncle Bob. All the answers are in here. In my experience I just ask a question and come back in a few and have answers. Easy than searching for recipes that may or may not be good. In DC you have folks that have tried them or invented them.

I appreciate the hospitality. I guess I just felt a little awkward doing so to be honest as I feel like to some extent I don't even belong here ha ha. Albeit, I have seen a good deal of somewhat novice level questions but I just sort of feel it's not my style. But I'll try to break that mindset I have, and if I do have some other questions I'll try to come forward with those. Thanks again. :)

I don't really think only one source can be cited. What exactly isn't your style and why don't you think you belong here?

I think you'll find someone here can answer any question you throw out - novice right up to the top.

I am usually the one asking questions but hope to someday be answering them! When I first "lurked" around I thought this was a forum for chef's. Everyone's title had senior cook, assistant cook. I thought they were their professions.

DarthSubterfuge said:
I appreciate the hospitality. I guess I just felt a little awkward doing so to be honest as I feel like to some extent I don't even belong here.

DS you ask any question you want, and if any body "messes" with ya, I'll send many braves with many arrows to your defense. If that don't work then Miss Kitchenelf will send them to Miss Marge's wood shed!:ermm: So Welcome again, and bring on the questions. Join In.....

Have Fun & Enjoy!! ;)

In addition to the expertise that visits this site every day, we have a Cooking Links menu on the blue bar near the top of the page where members have listed their favorite recipe sites.

I've done a lot of sifting regarding this topic but it hasn't resolved much. I've tried more prominent places like foodnetwork and epicurious but I feel that a lot of what they offer is a little bit too high-end in terms of prices of ingredients or skill level. I've also tried more obscure sites but I feel that most of the recipes among those types of pages are a little bit too dull and lackluster.

So yes, I come here appealing to you founded and based foodies regarding where I should go to find some quality recipes that aren't too high-end w/in any regard. BTW, I'm sorry if I'm coming off a little bit too picky and demanding, but I'm a bit new to this scene as I've mentioned before (albeit awhile back ;)) and I'd appreciate the accommodation. Thanks in advance! :)

Welcome to Discuss Cooking, Darth :chef: Are you looking/searching for meal ideas or a certain recipe for a specific dish? If you could give us more of an idea of what you have in mind, I'm sure there's a recipe or questions folks here can help with. Have you tried the search feature, or explored all the food-related catagories in this forum? Feel free to ask a question, and folks will jump right in.

Darth, Recipe4Living.com (which I will admit I write for) focuses primarily on easy, simple recipes (though it has plenty of other ones). It skews to an older audience that might not have as much time or artistic flair in the kitchen but still wants to make good food. Check it out if you like; recipes.com is great, too.

I actually really like vegcooking.com despite the fact that I'm no longer a vegetarian. I just find that the recipes there are both really original, well-explained, and delicious.

I like allrecipes.com. You can search for a recipe lots of different ways, including by ingredient. The thing I like about it is that people rate and also critique the recipe. Lots of them add stuff to make it better. So you can find out before you make the recipe what, if any, problems others had making it.

Welcome! I think you'll find this site has what you need. If you want another resource to fall back on, recipezaar.com is my favorite.

I appreciate the hospitality. I guess I just felt a little awkward doing so to be honest as I feel like to some extent I don't even belong here ha ha. Albeit, I have seen a good deal of somewhat novice level questions but I just sort of feel it's not my style. But I'll try to break that mindset I have, and if I do have some other questions I'll try to come forward with those. Thanks again. :)

Ah, ha. I think I've figured out your dilemma. Perhaps our "titles" under our names are intimidating you. That's understandable. You might get the impression that many (most) of DC's members are professional chefs based on our "titles."

Yes, there are some members who are professional chefs, but the majority of us are just havin' a good time in the kitchen.

Take a minute and re-read your "welcome" letter and understand that you are rowing the same boat the rest of are rowing.

If you didn't get a "welcome" letter when you joined DC, just ask any of the moderators or administrators. They will be happy to get one to you.

At any rate, just jump in and ask any question that comes to mind. The only "dumb" question is the one you don't ask. We're glad to have you.

Most member titles are based on the number of posts. You start out as an Assistant Cook and move up as you participate. The exception is my title, which is more of a description of my skills than the number of posts.:ROFLMAO::LOL:

Try the Search feature on the top blue bar on ANY page here at Discuss Cooking. We are a cooking forum. It might be in the form of a discussion board but please, check here first before going somewhere else. :chef: If you can't find what you are looking for ask - we can certainly help!

I learn something every day. I didn't know that about the cooking links on the blue bar. What else have you all kept from me?

Back
Top Bottom