"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 05-14-2010, 01:58 AM   #51
Flour Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAL View Post
Food is more of an event for me, that is what makes it even better. Cooking and eating the best food in the world wouldn't be as good as just a plain burger off the grill w/family(inlaws not incl ) and friends.
You must have the secret for grilling great burgers then because I've never had a burger from a grill that was THAT great. They're usually dry instead of juicy...and you have to drown them in ketchup, mustard, mayo, tomato, pickle, cheese, special sauce, etc. etc. to make them edible

. My kitchen is for dancing. Bring me sunshine in a cup~emily dickinson. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
mollyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 02:13 AM   #52
Senior Cook

Send a message via ICQ to Joshatdot Send a message via AIM to Joshatdot Send a message via MSN to Joshatdot Send a message via Yahoo to Joshatdot Send a message via Skype™ to Joshatdot
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyanne View Post
You must have the secret for grilling great burgers then because I've never had a burger from a grill that was THAT great. They're usually dry instead of juicy...and you have to drown them in ketchup, mustard, mayo, tomato, pickle, cheese, special sauce, etc. etc. to make them edible
Man, I feel sorry for you. Sure at first when I was grillin burgers, they didnt come out right. But now I make them practically perfect, just need to mind the temp, and cook them evenly on each side. Time depends on temp of grill, thickness of patties & fat content.

Old 05-14-2010, 01:12 PM   #53
Flour Child

I knew I shot myself in the foot with that comment when I made it cuz I know you guyz love your burgers. Thanks for the tips Josh. I also read once somewhere that you can't keep flippin' em...just once on each side. Maybe that's where I've gone wrong.

. My kitchen is for dancing. Bring me sunshine in a cup~emily dickinson. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
mollyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:19 PM   #54
Senior Cook

It's a 3-way toss up between
1) the 7 course tasting menu dinner at "Victoria and Albert's" in the Grand Floridian Hotel
2) my fresh homemade Neapolitan style pizza
3) my fresh ground, cooked rare, brisket/sirloin/short ribs blend burgers topped with queso blanco, caramelized onions, mushrooms, roasted poblanos and slices of fresh avocado
Old 05-14-2010, 04:35 PM   #55
Senior Cook

I'm on a low cal diet right now so EVERYTHING I've ever eaten is the best thing I ever ate!

But there was this firecracker seafood taquitos that was out of this world. It was in Corpus Christi, they were awesome!

I want some now

If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. -Tolkien
SweetTeboho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:49 PM   #56
Assistant Cook

Avgolemono soup from a small Greek restaurant in Victoria BC called Periklis.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:56 PM   #57
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by niquejim View Post

2) my fresh homemade Neapolitan style pizza
Tried the pizza at a new shop today. While it is better than anywhere else around, my daughter summed it up best. "The crust is bland and not as good as yours, thanks for ruining all other pizza Dad!"...I have to say that that made my day:-)
Old 05-14-2010, 11:06 PM   #58
Cupcake

No Contest...

My grandmother's stuffed green peppers made with all fresh ingredients from her garden.

~Kathleen
Old 05-14-2010, 11:20 PM   #59
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathleenA View Post
My grandmother's stuffed green peppers made with all fresh ingredients from her garden.

~Kathleen
Lordy what did she put in her peppers cause there isn't to much from the garden itself aside from the peppers that go in them, unless it's all veggie??? What was her secret??
Old 05-16-2010, 04:32 PM   #60
Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimizkitchen View Post
Lordy what did she put in her peppers cause there isn't to much from the garden itself aside from the peppers that go in them, unless it's all veggie??? What was her secret??
Not all veggie, but the peppers came from the garden as did the onions and tomatoes. She would occasionally add a bit of garlic from the garden. As for the rest, it was ground chuck, chili powder, pepper and salt, and a bit of cooked rice.

To round out the meal, we had fresh corn on the cob, string beans, fresh tomatoes and cucumbers, and some small green onions. All right from the garden.