Best way to make a hard boiled egg?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Has anyone tried baking the eggs? I saw a video where they filled a muffin tin with a dozen eggs unbroken and baked them at 325 degrees for 20 minutes. Thought that might be worth a try if you need a lot of hard cooked eggs. I want to try it but haven't yet

Not to beat a dead horse but I haven't been here in awhile and I am so tickled with my hard boiled eggs I made. Fresh out of the chickens butt, I steamed them in my rice cooker and they were the absolute easiest eggs I have ever peeled in my life.
I was buying store bought eggs just for the purpose of peeling but never again! :)

Since you asked...I had the same problem. I bought a $15 gizmo at Walmart that holds 6 eggs and steams the eggs hard boiled. You pierce the top of the egg, then steam them. When done, you plunge them into cold water. The sudden cooling sucks water into the egg shell from the hole. They peel really easy after that. My wife and I had egg salad sandwiches for a long time. Best thing I ever got.

Dash Go Rapid Egg Cooker - Walmart.com

That is super clever. Thanks I'm going to try it. Do you steam in a regular steamer? Steaming is usually faster than boiling so how long would you say is needed for a semi soft yolk?

Not to beat a dead horse but I haven't been here in awhile and I am so tickled with my hard boiled eggs I made. Fresh out of the chickens butt, I steamed them in my rice cooker and they were the absolute easiest eggs I have ever peeled in my life.
I was buying store bought eggs just for the purpose of peeling but never again! :)
Um, I'm pretty sure eggs don't come from the chicken's butt... ;)

That is super clever. Thanks I'm going to try it. Do you steam in a regular steamer? Steaming is usually faster than boiling so how long would you say is needed for a semi soft yolk?

Snip, I used a sunbeam instantpot steamer but I have read you can just steam it on the stove. I cooked mine too long the first go around. I am going to try 15 minutes next time. I'm not sure about a semi soft yolk, I can experiment and get back to you. Lord knows I have plenty of eggs, straight from the chicken's, um... vent!

Snip, I used a sunbeam instantpot steamer but I have read you can just steam it on the stove. I cooked mine too long the first go around. I am going to try 15 minutes next time. I'm not sure about a semi soft yolk, I can experiment and get back to you. Lord knows I have plenty of eggs, straight from the chicken's, um... vent!

Gracias amigo :) That vent by the way leads to the butt. Same hole for all functions lol!

lol good to know! :LOL:

One wonders sometimes who the first person was to say "Hey, that thing coming out of that chickens bum sure looks tasty, lets eat it!?"
Going to try steaming eggs for lunch. I've got a Russell Hobbs steamer. Will try one after 10 mins and see.

One wonders sometimes who the first person was to say "Hey, that thing coming out of that chickens bum sure looks tasty, lets eat it!?"
Going to try steaming eggs for lunch. I've got a Russell Hobbs steamer. Will try one after 10 mins and see.

Isn't that the truth! :LOL: let me know how it works!
I just got done reading a pizza thread on here and I'd really like a nice wood fired pizza to start my day, .... I seriously have an obsession with food. I read about it all day long, it's a wonder that I don't gain a million pounds, good thing I have self- control! :ermm:

Isn't that the truth! :LOL: let me know how it works!
I just got done reading a pizza thread on here and I'd really like a nice wood fired pizza to start my day, .... I seriously have an obsession with food. I read about it all day long, it's a wonder that I don't gain a million pounds, good thing I have self- control! :ermm:

Same here lol! I even buy cooking books just to read, never even use the recipes.
That pizza sounds delicious! I love homemade pizza. The eggs were spot on at 10 mins. perfect medium and they peeled so easily. Thank you again!

Same here lol! I even buy cooking books just to read, never even use the recipes.
That pizza sounds delicious! I love homemade pizza. The eggs were spot on at 10 mins. perfect medium and they peeled so easily. Thank you again!

Good to know, thank you for the input!
I tell all my friends that if I get dementia when I'm older, just give me cooking magazines and/ or even scissors to cut out recipes. I'll be happy all day long, and they won't have to put me on an appetite stimulate. :LOL:

Interesting, thanks. I think I had read that before, but early this morning I didn't remember [emoji38]

I think you have to take just the site address out of the stupid Google search result for the forum software to turn it into a clickable link. Their new link thing is so annoying.

http://countrysidenetwork.com/daily/poultry/eggs-meat/how-do-chickens-lay-eggs/

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom