Biscuit frustration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kevine

Assistant Cook
Hi. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem recently. Twice in the same week I have had packets of biscuits where the 'pull to open' tab has come off. seems such a waste to throw them away, any members have tips/ideas on this issue ? k

Try these. More work, better results than tinned.

Buttermilk Biscuits

INGREDIENTS
4 cups all*purpose flour
2 tablespoons baking powder 1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
2 cups buttermilk
Melted butter

INSTRUCTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 450°. Sift together first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender until mixture resembles small gravel. Stirring in buttermilk with a fork until dough forms a ball.
2. Turn dough out onto a well*floured sheet of wax paper. Sprinkle dough with flour, and flatten into a disk. Cover, and chill 15 minutes.
3. Remove wax paper, and turn dough out onto a well*floured surface; sprinkle with flour. Pat dough to 1/2*inch thickness. Cut with a 3*inch cutter, reshaping scraps once. Place biscuits 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
4. Bake at 450° for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Brush immediately with melted butter.

Hi. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem recently. Twice in the same week I have had packets of biscuits where the 'pull to open' tab has come off. seems such a waste to throw them away, any members have tips/ideas on this issue ? k

I have no strength in my hands. So I always have a small pair of pliars handy in the kitchen and use them to pull any "tabs" to open. The plairs give me leverage. Never have lost a product yet. :angel:

Not sure what is being refered to as a "biscuit". The OP is in the UK and the word may have a different meaning. Might not be the Doughboys product.:ermm:

I was wondering what a "packet" was. And I know there is a Nottingham in New Hampshire, but without a location or better description, perhaps with a photo of the product, it's hard to give an intelligent answer.
So I'll give a stupid answer... have a friend who doesn't break the tabs off open them for you :wacko:

Biscuits

Hi, Didn't realise my question would case so much confusion. here's a picture to help with my question.

Attachments

• jammie_dodgers440.jpg
    jammie_dodgers440.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 254
Kinda like Mo, Larry and Curly baking and how they deal with adding the eggs.:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom