Bisquick in Oz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

robynhood

Assistant Cook
Hi everyone :) can anyone tell me if there is an equivalent for BISQUICK in Australia; thank you

Here is a copy cat recipe:

Bisquick (1+ cup)

1 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 1/8 cup flour
2 1/2 tablespoons canola oil

Directions:
Sift together powder and sugar into flour. Sift together twice into large mixing bowl.

Slowly add oil, cutting in with pastry blender (or 2 knives), until mix is consistency of corn meal.

Store in tightly covered container at room temperature or may be refrigerated. Spoon lightly into cup and level with spatula. Use for pancakes, waffles, biscuits, coffee cake.

If you aren't able to find Bisquick there, you can make a pretty reasonable "fake" this way:

Sift together 8 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 tablespoon baking powder, 1 tablespoon salt, 2 teaspoons cream of tartar, 1 teaspoon baking soda, and 1 1/2 cups instant dry milk (powdered milk). Use a wire whisk to make sure all dry ingredients are blended well. Once blended, cut in 2 1/4 cups vegetable shortening (not oil), such as Crisco (not butter flavor). This can be done using the metal blade of a food processor if the bowl of the processor is large enough to hold the volume of the ingredients. This makes about 13 cups of biscuit mix, but I've made half a recipe, which is a little more manageable in my food processor.

Keep in a container with a tight-fitting lid in a cool dry place. Use within 10 to 12 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom