Bisquick substitute

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Debbie

Senior Cook
For years, I have made my pancakes with Bisquick.. just dump it in a bowl, add eggs, and milk and poof you have pancake batter.. well now, I am trying to stay away from that dreaded shortening, I need some sort of substitute biscuit mix WITHOUT shortening. Anybody have one?
:chef:

Yes I do Debbie, I just have to go find it. I don't know if you could use it for pancakes, I mostly use it for yeast type dough recipes. Its called Hot Roll mix. Would you like that?

Otherwise I think you could just make your pancakes from scratch. I know Goodweed has a recipe posted here somewhere, but here is mine. You can just put the dry ingredients together in a baggie and add the milk when you are ready for the pancakes.

Serves 4 hungry folks

2 cups flour
2 tbsp baking powder
Couple shakes of sugar (just to taste)

2 eggs
2 cups milk

Toss the eggs in the milk and break the yolks and stir it up a bit. Then pour wet into dry and mix. Leave it a bit lumpy. Cook on a hot griddle (or frying pan) and flip when the bubbles burst and the top looks a bit drier. Enjoy.

Alix - thank you very much for your receipe - I will try it and it really looks delicious.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful weekend.

Back
Top Bottom